We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overseas travel this winter

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Overseas travel this winter
Save

Is it presumed new restrictions may be added to overseas travel soon? With the rise in rates in UK. Was looking at booking a holiday but unsure after listening to the news the last few days.

2 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
81 reviews
93 helpful votes
1. Re: Overseas travel this winter
Save

While Morocco has banned travel from UK because of our increasing rates of infection, I am optimistic that Spain won't. Spanish Tourism and economy ministers were dead keen to see visitors and were making welcoming noises about lifting restrictions throughout the pandemic.

At least that's what I'm hoping, as I have flights to AGP in Feb 22 an Ferries to Cantabria in May...

And it would be such a pity if the UK [English?) Govrnment continued to pretend there was no problem and precipitated us Brits being treated like Pariahs

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,670 posts
238 reviews
382 helpful votes
2. Re: Overseas travel this winter
Save

For me some form of restrictions on entry from the uk to spain are more likely than unlikely, possibly with the introduction of PCR testing rather than an outright ban.

Spain and the uk are currently on very different trajectorys regarding infections but not all decisions with regards to their borders are taken by spain with just public health as the primary consideration.

Regarding morocco they have also stopped flights in and out of germany and the netherlands are these govt's also pretending they have no problems ?

Edited: 22 October 2021, 12:09
Reply to: Overseas travel this winter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.