We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rheinpark Duisburg

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
16,167 posts
127 reviews
Rheinpark Duisburg

If you are staying in Duisburg or surrounding you shouldn´t miss a (short) visit of the Rheinpark in Duisburg Hochfeld.

Its´s a former industrial area along the Rhine and they have developed it into a nice green area, with large meadows, benches and beach chairs, playgrounds, skateboard park, an artificiel sand beach in front of the restaurant "Ziegenpeter" and there are still ruins of former industrial buildings, colourful painted with graffiti.

You can walk or bike along the Rhine, have picnic or sit in or outside of the restaurant and enjoy the gorgeous view over the Rhine.

It´s not spectaculare, it´s a nice alternative to spend some time in a typical industrial area but with a lot of green and nice views.

You can reach it by Tram 903 from Duisburg Hbf or of course by car.

duisburg.de/micro/…projekt_rheinpark.php

The restaurant is somewhat special. It is part of a project with disabled and non handicapped people who are working there together, and believe me, they do a very good job!

http://www.ziegenpeter-duisburg.de/

I would like to write a review but it isn´t listed yet...

Edited: 11 August 2013, 09:11
Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
16,167 posts
127 reviews
1. Re: Rheinpark Duisburg

Perhaps I should mention, that the restaurant in the park is more a bistro (but a nice one). There is another "real" restaurant in Duisburg city: "Der Kleine Prinz", it belongs to the same project.

www.wfbm-duisburg.de/homepage/index.php?id=29

2. Re: Rheinpark Duisburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2018, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Duisburg