We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Metzingen Outlet

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
16 helpful votes
Shopping in Metzingen Outlet
Save

We will be travelling to Frankfurt, Germany in the Fall and plan on making a shopping trip to the Metzingen Outlet Mall. Can you tell me the easiest, fastest and most economical way of getting to the Outlet? Would a day trip be enough? How good are the prices and is it worth the trip?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
44,585 posts
1. Re: Shopping in Metzingen Outlet
Save

Wertheim Village (outlet) is closer.

https://www.wertheimvillage.com/en/getting-here/#

To Metzingen you need even if you use fast trains 2,25 h one way.

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

To: Metzingen

Car would be so 2,75 h. Cheaper options like regional trains or a bus + train combination are so slow that this is totally unrealistic.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
177 reviews
87 helpful votes
2. Re: Shopping in Metzingen Outlet
Save

I found the 3 German outlets I've visited disappointing compared to the better ones in the USA.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
16 helpful votes
3. Re: Shopping in Metzingen Outlet
Save

Thank you. Is shopping better in Wertheim outlet? Does it have the same stores as Metzingen?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
44,585 posts
4. Re: Shopping in Metzingen Outlet
Save

Wertheim Village is one of 11 outlet centers in Europe and China owned and operated by "Chic Outlet Shopping". Purpose built shopping centers (built on a greenfield outside the towns/cities).

https://www.chicoutletshopping.com/en/home/

Metzingen Outlet City developed out of the factory sale of Hugo Boss (which has its roots/headquarter there). And the ones of some smaller companies based there or in this area. But no single company which owns (and decides) everything. There is only a municipal dominated marketing company. Thus a very different concept compared to all other "outlet centers".

Mainz, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Germany, Bavaria, Frankfurt
Level Contributor
16,478 posts
74 reviews
74 helpful votes
5. Re: Shopping in Metzingen Outlet
Save

I'm with Rob: Unless you want to shop for some high-quality German brands that may not be widely available or rather expensive in North-America I wouldn't bother to go out of my way for an outlet in Germany. I am not familiar with retail prices in Canada but e.g. most globally popular clothing brands are way cheaper in the US than in Germany. For Americans it surely is a waste of time to spend a day in a German outlet mall.

abalada perfectly explained that Metzingen is not a mall. The biggest draw is the factory sale by Hugo Boss and because it became so popular other apparel makers in town but also other brands opened shops there.

Edited: 3 years ago
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
16 helpful votes
6. Re: Shopping in Metzingen Outlet
Save

Thank you all for the info. My husband and I want to visit Hugo Boss and Armani outlets. I am hoping we can find some good deals but keeping an open mind. We plan to take the train from Munich and return the next day. We might not find any good deals but would be a good experience. US outlets have better prices compared to Canada but Germany seem to have better choices when it comes to high end outlets like Prada, Gucci which you don't find in the US (that I know of). Keeping my fingers crossed that I will come back with something that will not blow up my shopping budget:).

7. Re: Shopping in Metzingen Outlet

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2018, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Frankfurt
US$USD
New Zealand
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.