We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November in Grenoble with kids

Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
November in Grenoble with kids

I will be traveling to Grenoble in late November for Skate France with my elementary age child. What will there be to do other than the Skate France events? We are very outdoorsy and adventurous. Also, any particular cities nearby or between Grenoble and Geneva that we should see? Thanks!

1 reply
Grenoble, France
Level Contributor
849 posts
188 reviews
1. Re: November in Grenoble with kids

Grenoble is a city of around 400 000 people, so as you can imagine there are many activities all year round apart from Skate France!

You could take the cable car or walk up to the Bastille and enjoy great views on a fine day. Several hikes also start from the Bastille, and I believe there’s also an Acro’branches (go ape) which could be fun.

Vizille chateau is not far away and is worth a visit. It’s reputedly the birthplace of the French Revolution and is set in extensive beautiful grounds with a deer park at the far end.

Activities in the mountains will depend on the weather: if there’s no snow you could hike or bike in the Chartreuse or Vercors mountains. There are several shops in Grenoble that rent bikes. You could also bike along the banks of the Isère.

If there’s already some snow in the mountains, why not try some snowshoeing? Check with the local tourist office before you set out that your proposed route is safe, and that the weather forecast is OK.

If you are driving to Geneva, you could make a stop in Annecy, a pretty lakeside town that is popular with tourists.

Reply to: November in Grenoble with kids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grenoble