We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyeres in Summer?

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hyeres in Summer?

We have the possibility of renting a beautiful villa in Hyeres, France last week July & first week August in a residential part of Hyeres. We are a family party of 15 and will have 4 cars. Can anyone tell us how busy the area will be at that time and will we have trouble parking and just travelling locally to the beaches and shops etc, plus driving to other places nearby? The local beaches sound great for windsurfing which means they are windy obviously - are they also attractive and safe for early teens and adults alike? Hyeres looks lovely and very interesting with the islands close by too but if it's too busy and hard to move around perhaps we should avoid it at this time? Do you have to book island trips or can you just turn up at the boats? Can you rent bikes on the islands - again do you have to book?

Our other option is the Dordogne where there is much more space for us all. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Hyeres
Hyeres
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Dordogne
Dordogne
Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
1. Re: Hyeres in Summer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2017, 12:00
Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyeres in Summer?

thank you😃

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,963 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyeres in Summer?

At that time of year I would book the boat in advance. Just go down to the boats and see how busy they are and how long in advance you had better book. Also when I went to Porquerolles a few years back I did book bikes in advance, we needed 8 so it seemed wise. I hope you enjoy the area.

Mentioned in this post
Porquerolles Island
Porquerolles Island
Iles d'Hyeres, France
Vence, France
Level Contributor
9,755 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyeres in Summer?

Never booked anything, never had problems. Lots of ferries. Although last time we got the last remaining bikes. Mind that it was already 14h, or so.

UK
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyeres in Summer?

I've stayed in Hyeres half a dozen times, once with a car and twice in peak season. While it is very busy, you have literally miles of beaches so there is room for everyone. You do not need to book a boat to Porquerolles, they are very frequent and there's room for everyone. Just turn up. I would advise however that if you are driving to Tour Fondue to park your car, you get there by about 8.30am, because the car parks do fill up. You cannot take a car on to Porquerolles. Once you get off the boat there, you walk or hire bicycles. I doubt it's possible to book them in advance. There is a good wide main road down the eastern side of the Giens peninsula and a narrower one down the western side. Although both get busy, I haven't seen them jammed.

Mentioned in this post
Hyeres
Hyeres
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Porquerolles Island
Porquerolles Island
Iles d'Hyeres, France
Giens Peninsula
Giens Peninsula
48 Reviews
Hyeres, France
6. Re: Hyeres in Summer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2016, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Hyeres