We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galway B&B's price guide

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
271 posts
64 reviews
Galway B&B's price guide

Hi everyone

I was hoping someone could help me out. We are an Aussie couple in our early 40's touring England Scotland Wales and Ireland for 6 weeks in Aug/Sept 2009. My question is what is a reasonable price to pay for B&B accommodation for the 2 of us per night per room. We have both never stayed in B&B's before and i am finding such a difference in price range. We will have a rental car and understand that staying in the city will be higher than staying on the out skirts of town, which we are open to. We would be looking to stay in at least a 3.5 -4 star and up property and we have a minimum of 3 nights stay per city we are visiting, but i am finding such a variance in price. So what is a price guide to go off per room per night for 2 adults.The sad thing is that the English pound is approx 2.5 times higher than one Aussie dollar. OUCH!!!!!!

Regards

Brooke

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
518 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Galway B&B's price guide

See your Dublin replies.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Galway B&B's price guide

i think it might be a bit early to give you some information if you are only coming in August / September 09 - we don't know if the prices will rise or fall by then. (with this recession and stuff).

But just to give you some advice - an average good b and b will charge anywhere between 45 - 50 per night per person - there are some hotels in Galway which will do the same rate or very close to it . for example I just checkout out the Clybaun Hotel for August 09 and the rate there would be 119 per night - this is for a hotel with pool etc.

so do some research before you come - and remember you can get good hotel deals for the same price as a b and b. You just need to search a bit.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
271 posts
64 reviews
3. Re: Galway B&B's price guide

Thankyou for replying to my post. This gives me a good guide to go off or at least a starting point. I will check out more websites for more deals/informaton.

Thanks again for your replies.

Regards

Brooke

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
518 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Galway B&B's price guide

Interesting one there about the Clybaun Whales.

According to a piece in Irish Indy business section yesterday the Clybaun is one that is mentioned as having no hope of saving after Dunnes Group went bust.Of a portfolio of 7 hotels , 4 including Clybaun apparantly are unsavable so any idea of Hotels future?

Certainly in present climate cannot see it in operation come 09 if article is true.

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Galway B&B's price guide

It really depends upon the B&B and the time of year, but I was there in September and stayed mainly at B&Bs...with the exception of one, (and it really wasn't THAT bad) they were all wonderful and I never paid over 50 euro for them per night..and some were even cheaper. I don't know what their ratings were, but they were great. Before my trip, I had never stayed in a B&B and was so pleasantly surprised...several places we were served tea upon our arrival...all had wonderful Irish breakfasts, they were cozy, clean, etc...and the hosts of An Daingien B&B in Sligo even drove out to meet us late at night because we were hopelessly lost.

One thing I would suggest...most of the showers were not what I was used to and needed certain instructions before turning them on...if your host does not tell you about the shower, ASK them to show you before you they retire...and then you have to go wake them up so they can show you how to use the shower.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
56 reviews
6. Re: Galway B&B's price guide

Pkpi,

The Clybaun is only leased by the Dunne Group. A new group may buy it as an ongoing concern or pick up the lease where they left off.

I live in this hotel 4 nights a week for 6 months whilst working in Galway.

Brilliant Staff, good pool and Gym. Sorry to say the food was a little overpriced considering there was such a good pub/restaurant across the road behind the shop with a better offering.

7. Re: Galway B&B's price guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Galway
Recent Conversations