We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best shoes for visiting in august

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
44 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Best shoes for visiting in august

I kind of feel silly asking this question but I’m wondering if the weather will be too wet or cold for sandals? I plan on bringing good walking shoes but I’m wondering if I should also just leave sandals at home. I’ve looked at the weather but just wondering in reality what others experiences are :-) thanks in advance!

Doonmore Hotel
Doonmore Hotel
#1 of 3 hotels in Inishbofin
Currarevagh House
Currarevagh House
#1 of 5 hotels in Oughterard
Lough Inagh Lodge
Lough Inagh Lodge
#1 of 2 hotels in Recess
3 replies to this topic
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal
Level Contributor
20,712 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best shoes for visiting in august

Are they comfortable? Bring them.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,580 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best shoes for visiting in august

The answer is we don't know what the weather will be like in August. It has been a crazy year so far: the worst snow in 50 years, the warmest summer in almost 50 years.

But on the law of averages - your sandals should be fine. But why not check in again, a couple of days before you leave, and people may have a better idea.

In the meanwhile, this is the national weather forecasting service (they are generally pretty good) www.met.ie

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
44 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best shoes for visiting in august

Thank you~ I know weather is an unpredictable beast and it has been an usual throughout the world. I felt kind of silly asking such a question but I thought if generally the weather was cool there and I guess then I wouldn’t bother. Your suggestion of checking the weather though if you days before we leave is very common sense and I will do that. Take care and thank you.

Reply to: Best shoes for visiting in august
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted