We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gaelic games

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Gaelic games

Would like to attend the hurling match at Gaelic Games on Sept 3, 2017. Does anyone know how to get tickets? Will they be hard to get (I believe it's like a play-off match)?

Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Gaelic games

I'm afraid hens teeth will be easier to buy than all Ireland final tickets. Tickets are distributed through the county boards and generally go to GAA club members as demand always far exceeds supply. I'd suggest you find a perch in a good pub and enjoy the game and atmosphere along with the thousands of others without tickets

Level Contributor
1,182 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Gaelic games

No chance getting one unless your willing to pay big bucks! Best watch it in a bar close to croke park for great atmosphere! Try and take in a rugby game when over. Our team is Leinster , shouldent be a problem getting a ticket for one of their pro 12 games when your here

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
9,408 posts
3. Re: Gaelic games

This may provide you with alternative options:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18659…

On the day before the All-Ireland Hurling Finals in Croke Park, the All-Ireland Seven Aside Finals take place at the GAA grounds of Kilmacud Crokes Club, in south Co Dublin:

kilmacudcrokes.com/hurling/hurling-all-irela…

The link above still refers to 2016 but in due course will be updated for 2017.

Basically, it's in the Stillorgan area:

http://www.dun-laoghaire.com/maps/map3.html

On the night before the All-Ireland Finals - Saturday 2nd September in 2017 - Shelborne Park Greyhound Racing Stadium is a fun place to be:

igb.ie/go-greyhound-racing/…

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Gaelic games

Thanks for EXCELLENT information. I especially appreciate alternate plans!

ireland
Level Contributor
640 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Gaelic games

Mightn't be that difficult on the day to get a ticket depending on what teams are in the final. The Hurling is always easier than the Football Final to get a ticket for. If Kilkenny are in it, it's usually easy enough.

London, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
144 reviews
6. Re: Gaelic games

If you have never been before then its probably not the game to go to simply its a final because supporters probably less likely to be helpful in explaining the rules.

7. Re: Gaelic games

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2018, 18:16