We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gaelic football and hurling

Victoria BC Canada
10 posts
gaelic football and hurling

I'm going to be in Ireland just for a few days in mid/late March 2007 - can anyone reccomend a good game to watch as I've seen neither game before.....or is it too early in the season? I'll probably be somewhere around the Dublin area.

Thanks - Dave.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
1 review
1. Re: gaelic football and hurling

Hi. Both will be in full swing. Closer to the time, check out the fixtures at gaa.ie. Cheers.

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
2. Re: gaelic football and hurling

It wont really be in full swing. The inter county championship is the main competition and runs from May to September in both Hurling and football. there is however a smaller league competition played at this time of year so you may be able to go to that

dublin
Level Contributor
48 posts
3. Re: gaelic football and hurling

the All Ireland club championship finals in both hurling and football are normally played in Croke Park on St Patricks Day. Its not as big as the inter county competitions by a long shot, but still makes for a good day out.

Also you should be able to pick up an inter county league game in either football or hurling during March. Check out gaa.ie a little closer to the day and you'll be able to find a suitable game.

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: gaelic football and hurling

The club finals should be on St Patricks Day, but I guess tourists would rather be at the parade than Croke Park. By March the National Leagues in football and hurling will be nearing the end of the group stages so there is a good chance that there will be a good game to watch.

As the previous poster said you would need to check www.gaa.ie closer to the time to get the fixtures but you shouldnt need a ticket for any of these games. Turn up and pay at the gate.

5. Re: gaelic football and hurling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 07:18