We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gaelic Football Match

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Gaelic Football Match

My husband (an Aussie Rules nut) and I toured Ireland in 2016 and would have liked to see a live game of Gaelic football. We are visiting again in June and want to find out the dates of games and where they are being played and will plan our itinerary to coincide with a game. We are arriving (12th June) in Dublin and heading either west or south and leaving (23rd June) from Dublin.

I have tried to look up the fixtures on the GAA website but I can't find dates for June. Could someone let me know where some top level games are on for us to see and how difficult purchasing tickets will be?

Many thanks in advance for your wisdom.

The Playcentre
Game & Entertainment Centres
Little Monkeys Play Centre
ODD
4 replies to this topic
Tullamore, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Gaelic Football Match

The GAA master fixtures list on their website leaves a bit to be desired. Joe.ie has a better layout :

https:/…2018-gaa-calendar-draft-140809

Your best bet is the Connacht Final it is on the 17th June but no venue yet. It won't be a Galway V Mayo final as they meet in the quarter final. Check back here closer to the time or send me a pm nearer the time.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Gaelic Football Match

Thanks so much for the advice. I will check on the Joe.ie website (as that is easier for me to understand) closer to the time to confirm a venue and hope that we won't be too far away. Will be such a shame to have traveled across the globe and not see a game live.

Many thanks.

Ireland
Level Contributor
12,652 posts
127 reviews
3. Re: Gaelic Football Match

In the West, Kerry and Mayo are strong in Gaelic footballing tradition. I'm also going to suggest that you consider taking in a hurling match, it's an incredible sport to watch.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Gaelic Football Match

We are somewhat familiar with Gaelic Football because of the International Rules games Ireland and Australia have played but Hurley is our plan B. We watched them training at Hurling last time we were there and appreciated the high skill level. Thanks again.

Reply to: Gaelic Football Match
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted