We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on places to stay.

Leigh
Level Contributor
32 posts
21 reviews
Advice on places to stay.

Hi we are renting a cottage next July for the week and I am getting completely baffled with where to stay. We have two kids 17 and 12 and want to be walking distance from a couple of pubs and cafes etc to walk to at night so if we want to we can park the car up. I have looked at Beddgelert and Betsw can any one recommend ant other little villages. Also any good cottages or cottage sites.

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
618 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Advice on places to stay.

Finding a cottage with a pub at walking distance is not that easy. You will be OK in Betws y Coed, in Beddgelert, in Tremadoc (or, a bit bigger, more of a small town, Porthmadoc) or in Criccieth (very small town/big village). These all have decent pubs and I think several cottage options. In any of these you will find yourself shopping at Tesco in Porthmadoc, I guess, but some of them have small Spar type shops.

For smaller villages with just one good pub, look at Garreg/Llanfrothen and Maentwrog (which actually does have two, but one is a short walk)

There are a great number of other places too, but as you mentioned Betws y Coed and Beddgelert, I guess you are in that neighbourhood.

Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Buckinghamshire, Somme, Winchester
Level Contributor
2,417 posts
2,195 reviews
2. Re: Advice on places to stay.

I don't know where you have looked, but this link may help you, they have a good selection.

northwalesholidaycottages.co.uk/cottages-in-…

London, United...
Level Contributor
618 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Advice on places to stay.

Yes we stayed in a very good cottage once from that site, but not in a village. Airbnb, and look at the map view, I would suggest. Just looked and can see one in Tremadog, and some in Porthmadog, and Borth y Gest, which is very nice and is a safe but not very short walk to Porthmadog for the pubs, by the harbour. There is a small cafe/restaurant in Borth y Gest too. I am sure there will be some in Criccieth too, and maybe in the smaller places.

Reply to: Advice on places to stay.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Snowdonia National Park