We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which London Hotel?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
30 helpful votes
Which London Hotel?
Save

Hello, I'm looking to book a 5 star hotel in the Strand/Westminster/Covent Garden areas, for a night, to celebrate my partners birthday.

I'm looking to book somewhere luxurious with excellent customer service, along with the usual expectations of a five star hotel. Is The Savoy really worth the money? Considering we're dining out elsewhere in the evening, and won't really be spending a huge amount of time at the hotel, could anyone personally recommend another place to stay that's amazing in all aspects but slightly cheaper? Thanks so much!

8 replies to this topic
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
8,763 posts
27 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: Which London Hotel?
Save

You might try one of the Firmdale hotels, although they are also coming out quite pricy

https://www.firmdalehotels.com/

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
30 helpful votes
2. Re: Which London Hotel?
Save

Thanks so much, I'll take a look!

Rutland, United...
Level Contributor
10,342 posts
81 reviews
142 helpful votes
3. Re: Which London Hotel?
Save

Take a look at the Grand Henrietta room in the Hotel Henrietta or, even better, a luxury River View room at the Cheval Three Quays (which is not a traditional hotel and is not in your search area - but it’s still brilliant)

Edited: 01 October 2021, 07:24
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
66,400 posts
11 reviews
89 helpful votes
4. Re: Which London Hotel?
Save

Given the choice between the Covent Garden area and the Tower (for Cheval Three Quays) the latter would be miles ahead.

I'd also consider Batty Langley's on the fringes of the City to be one for a celebration, and the Rookery in Clerkenwell is worth a look as well, but if you'd like a view then the Cheval property is high on the list.

Edit: I think the Savoy is great, but there are other equally good options as well.

Edited: 01 October 2021, 08:01
Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
6 helpful votes
5. Re: Which London Hotel?
Save

We've enjoyed two excellent stays at Hotel 41 near Buckingham Palace so more Victoria than Westminster

https://41hotel.com/pedestrian

You would certainly be spoiled here. It's pricey but service and attention to detail are amazing.

Edited: 01 October 2021, 08:40
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
30 helpful votes
6. Re: Which London Hotel?
Save

I’ll certainly take a look. Thank you so much for your recommendations, much appreciated.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
42,917 posts
7. Re: Which London Hotel?
Save

One Aldwych might fit the bill.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
30 helpful votes
8. Re: Which London Hotel?
Save

Thank you, it looks lovely!

Reply to: Which London Hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.