We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ceremony of the Keys

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,428 posts
398 reviews
148 helpful votes
Ceremony of the Keys
Save

Just saw that HRP have reopened bookings for the Ceremony of the Keys, for anyone who doesn't fancy the usual year-long wait for tickets.

https://www.hrp.org.uk/tower-of-london/whats-on/ceremony-of-the-keys/#gs.2n2tz0

Note, I had a quick look and I was plunged into number 52596 in the queue! For anyone who misses out. Keep checking closer to the time you will be in London as returned/new tickets sometimes become available at short notice.

Good luck!

10 replies to this topic
Tring, United...
Level Contributor
5,330 posts
116 reviews
65 helpful votes
1. Re: Ceremony of the Keys
Save

I believe that if you become a member of hrp, you get priority for tickets for the Ceremony, as well as other perks.

Presumably the wait time is exacerbated by reschedule due to covid.

Edited: 30 May 2021, 20:47
St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Ceremony of the Keys
Save

Thanks will take a look

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Ceremony of the Keys
Save

Got on all of June sold out and it wasn't letting me select any dates beyond this. May be they are only releasing one month ahead at the moment. Worth checking back though

Beckenham, United...
Level Contributor
17,079 posts
34 reviews
11 helpful votes
4. Re: Ceremony of the Keys
Save

I checked last night with no queuing and it let me select a date but then said 0 places available. The only other available date had 1 space when I wanted 2.

Agree it looks like only one month is released at a time so keep checking back.

We booked for last year but it was cancelled, noticed the booking fee has gone up to £10 from £1 on our previous one.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,428 posts
398 reviews
148 helpful votes
5. Re: Ceremony of the Keys
Save

Yes it's a big jump in the fee. I remember when it was free.

Perhaps they're staggering the release of tickets at the moment in case of lockdowns.

Edited: 31 May 2021, 17:06
Redlands, California
Level Contributor
7,571 posts
61 reviews
43 helpful votes
6. Re: Ceremony of the Keys
Save

Several years ago it was book six weeks out which I did. I had a reservation for an evening when TALF had a pub meet at the George on the South Bank. I had he good fortune to meet Adamhornets, Mick67 , and a couple of other regulars at that time. Adam ushered me to the Tube to head towards Tower Hill--IIRC it was the new Jubilee Line with new cars, but it's been awhile.

Portsmouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Portsmouth
Level Contributor
6,480 posts
2,612 reviews
10,765 helpful votes
7. Re: Ceremony of the Keys
Save

Interesting to hear that this has reopened. We were lucky enough to watch the ceremony a few years ago and it is well worth the increased fee.

Tring, United...
Level Contributor
5,330 posts
116 reviews
65 helpful votes
8. Re: Ceremony of the Keys
Save

Yes, I think they've had to raise prices to recoup the money lost to Covid, and had to make people redundant to try and make ends meet.

DJV
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
9. Re: Ceremony of the Keys
Save

I've seen that July dates aren't available yet. I poked HRP to ask them (FB Messenger and their online form) when July will open, but no response.

I don't suppose anyone has any guesses as to when they might open July for booking. :)

Sidcup, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
93 reviews
43 helpful votes
10. Re: Ceremony of the Keys
Save

From the site -

Sold out for June. Tickets for 1–16 July will be announced on 15 June.

Reply to: Ceremony of the Keys
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.