We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary suggestions for cotswold area 1.5 days

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
43 posts
140 reviews
Itinerary suggestions for cotswold area 1.5 days

Hello - I am the unofficial trip planner for our family of 10 (all adults) and I just cannot decide on where to base us for 2 nights in cotswold area during our trip in June 2019. We will be traveling from London (3 nights) and plan to head to York for 2 nights after the Cotswolds. Any suggestions? We are fond of shopping, pubs, beautiful surroundings and may do a clay shoot for an "experience ". We have a mix of history buffs and non buffs in the group.

4 replies to this topic
Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
43 posts
140 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary suggestions for cotswold area 1.5 days

We will have cars.

Warwickshire...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds, Rome, London
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
109 reviews
2. Re: Itinerary suggestions for cotswold area 1.5 days

If you are trying to see the Cotswolds then you won't have time for a clay shoot. People don't visit the Cotswolds for shopping mot of the most desirable villages don't have a shop of any description. The Cotswolds is all about pretty villags and walking with views. Stow-on-the-Wold is one of the larger villages with plenty of pubs and eateries, and some shops, mostly small independents including clothing, jewellery & homewares. It also offers decent walking (google for some suggested routes to suit your party). Stow is quite central and would allow you to easily visit Broadway (which is another option for you although I prefer Stow), Chipping Campden, Bourton-on-the-Water (which I loathe but tourists seem to like), the Slaughters, Barnsley, Bibury, the Tews amongst others.

This driving route takes you through some nice villages & scenery:

https:/…broadway-to-broadway.shtml

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,238 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Itinerary suggestions for cotswold area 1.5 days

I am no expert on the Cotswolds but on a recent three day short break I thought that Sudeley Castle was very interesting with very good historical displays and attractive gardens and the town I liked best was Stow on the Wold. If you collect antiques there are a couple of very good antique centres in the town.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
208 posts
63 reviews
4. Re: Itinerary suggestions for cotswold area 1.5 days

Thereis also Burford, a small market town with a reasonable range of accommodation, pubs and shops as well as a wonderful church... It would make a good centre.

Reply to: Itinerary suggestions for cotswold area 1.5 days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted