We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking: Fakenham,Holkham,Wells,Cromer

London
Level Contributor
71 posts
37 reviews
85 helpful votes
Parking: Fakenham,Holkham,Wells,Cromer
Save

Hello

Can anyone recommend free or inexpensive parking in 1. Fakenham, 2. Wells, 3. Cromer and 4. Holkham?

I've read the Wells thread about parking tickets with concern, and £9 for Holkham seems steep!

Thanks so much in advance

5 replies to this topic
Loughborough...
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
67 reviews
82 helpful votes
1. Re: Parking: Fakenham,Holkham,Wells,Cromer
Save

Parking in the market place in Fakenham is free for short stays but you do have to get a ticket form the machine and display it. I haven't visited Holkham for some time but the parking never exceed £4 for the beach and the grounds (separate £4 for each). The only way to avoid charges at Holkham is to walk. Not aware of any cheap parking in Cromer. The beach car park at Wells is noy too expensive but it does fill up very quickly on warm dry days, but overall you might want to use the coasthopper bus, which covers all four places. Just checked - parking at Holkham is £5.

Level Contributor
807 posts
2. Re: Parking: Fakenham,Holkham,Wells,Cromer
Save

I believe the Wells horror stories all relate to the harbour car park. I’ve used the council car park on Freeman Street and thought it was reasonable. In Cromer I’ve parked for free on Runton Road near the putting green - I suspect those spaces fill up quick on a nice day though.

London
Level Contributor
71 posts
37 reviews
85 helpful votes
3. Re: Parking: Fakenham,Holkham,Wells,Cromer
Save

Thanks for all this, most helpful!

London
Level Contributor
71 posts
37 reviews
85 helpful votes
4. Re: Parking: Fakenham,Holkham,Wells,Cromer
Save

Hi All

Just wanted to provide a quick update following our trip:

1. Holme next the Sea beach: £5 all day parking but free (ie. the hut had closed) by the time we arrived at 5pm.

2. Holkham: we paid for two hours, £3.50. However it's approx 15-20 mins walk from the carpark to the sea so factor that in to timings.

3. Sandringham: £3.50 for 2 hours for the amazing playground (no need to pre book) or £5 for 4 hours then you can do the lovely forest walk too (Blue or Yellow route).

4. Wells next the Sea: we managed to find free local parking on a residential street for a couple of hours

5. Fakenham: Tesco!

We loved our trip and will definitely visit again. Didn't make it to Cromer this time.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
879 posts
343 reviews
242 helpful votes
5. Re: Parking: Fakenham,Holkham,Wells,Cromer
Save

Thank you for posting. Helpful for those of us going soon.

Reply to: Parking: Fakenham,Holkham,Wells,Cromer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Norfolk
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.