We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the area like?

Swadlincote, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
46 reviews
What's the area like?

it's been 5 or so years since I have been to Elviria and I wondered what the area was like now? There were a few nice bars / restaurants opening when I last went but obviously that could have all changed now? How is it for crime etc?

4 replies to this topic
U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
15,294 posts
1 review
1. Re: What's the area like?

You might be better putting this out on Marbella forum, everything is such a sprawl it tends to be linked together IME

Some decent beaches around here, Nikki the best known. Last time I was at Don Carlos for work I was taken to Tony's, a beach bar come chiringuito in the same area - Have to say the food was excellent, not the sort of place I usually enjoy along here but I went there for lunch a couple of days later as well so it must have been good. Nice outlook if not too busy on the beach, go early to grab the best tables inside or out.

For me this area is best if you have a car, but try another forum and maybe you'll get some tips from regular visitors on holiday.

I think the crime situation is much the same all along the coast, have to watch out for leaving stuff in car, bag snatchers etc. but I wouldn't see here as having higher risk than elsewhere.

Stoofer

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
32,291 posts
2. Re: What's the area like?

You might enjoy this local chiringuito.

www.perlablanca.es/

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
239 posts
619 reviews
3. Re: What's the area like?

If you've been to Elviria 5 years ago you'll know that it's primarily a residential area with numerous urbanizacions and nothing much has changed.

For restaurants, check out the listings on TA. With so many foreign ex-pats living in the area, Elviria has a wide range of eating places, many of which are good quality.. We've tried very hard to get TA to tag all of the local restaurants as Elviria so you can do a proper search, and although there are now about 40 listed, we still can't manage to get the intransigent people at TA to associate all of the remaining restaurants with this destination. But at least we've managed to get most of the map pins corrected, so that's a help for travellers. If you want to check out the reviews, the remaining local restaurants that are simply listed as Marbella and are missing from the Elviria sub-division are: Rubyana (spelt Rubiana by TA); Casi Casi; La Fondue Steak House; Panda Chinese; El Lido Beach Chiringuito; Cafeteria DiVino (owned by same people as Restaurante Elviria, one of our favourites); Pinzimonio Italian; and Barracon de las Tapas.

We've been visiting regularly over the past 10 years and think it's a safe place, although it's always best to be careful of your property, and there was a gun murder about 18 months ago in Harmon's Irish Bar, which was said to be an Irish organised crime feud.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
32,291 posts
4. Re: What's the area like?

Well done you and many thanks for posting.

Reply to: What's the area like?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Elviria