We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to follow the election?

Cape breton
Level Contributor
74 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Where to follow the election?

We will be in Oyster Pond for the election. We Canadians have followed the antics with growing alarm. Where would be an entertaining place to watch the returns?

1. Re: Where to follow the election?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 November 2016, 14:05
Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
552 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to follow the election?

I would suggest Dinghy Dock. They have several televisions and will surely be carrying election coverage. Plus, you can pour your own drink if you need to drown your sorrows :)

Cedar Point, North...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to follow the election?

I would suggest NOT following it when you are in St Martin...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to follow the election?

Ah, but we are your very close neighbours, and,you know,Canadians care.

PL3
CT
Level Contributor
253 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to follow the election?

I would suggest watching from Canada, where I might be moving to soon.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to follow the election?

But, the OP will be in Oyster Pond, not in beautiful Cape Breton, where there is lots of room, and many friendly people to welcome our Stateside friends.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to follow the election?

just stay connected to TWITTER and you'll find out who won BEFORE the votes are COUNTED....

seriously hit a beach bar without a TV......

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to follow the election?

Looks like my first response got deleted. I guess I was too honest re: Canadian impressions. Please do report on how you spend the evening. I think Dingy Dock would be a great spot.

Cape breton
Level Contributor
74 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to follow the election?

2 tables of Dutch , 2 Brits 2 republicans , 2 democrats . Not an entertaining crowd at all. I ticked off the Americans and left.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to follow the election?

I hope you found a fun spot. :). As a Canadian that now calls Texas home, this is certainly interesting especially hearing other peoples and the views of my co-workers!!!! Interesting times :)

Edited: 09 November 2016, 15:42
Get answers to your questions about Oyster Pond
Recent Conversations