We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spread out all inclusive resort

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
443 posts
41 reviews
38 helpful votes
Spread out all inclusive resort
Save

Looking for suggestions for a spread out resort in either Puerto or Nuevo Vallarta. We like to walk around the resort so something that is more spread out like in Riviera Maya but we'd also like to visit the Pacific side of Mexico this trip

8 replies to this topic
Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
8,930 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Spread out all inclusive resort
Save

You should post this on the Puerto Vallarta forum for more views. The Royal Decameron is a big place just outside Nuevo.

Iowa
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
12 reviews
57 helpful votes
2. Re: Spread out all inclusive resort
Save

Yes, I’d move forums for answers but there aren’t any huge AIs in PV like you’d see in the Riviera Maya. The Marival emotions is pretty big and spread out so it’s one to check out.

Grand palladium is spread out and it’s more jungly than most.

I haven’t been to the Iberostar but I get the sense it’s a larger property.

Fort Bragg...
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Spread out all inclusive resort
Save

You can walk around PV plenty of things to see and do. No reason to hide in your resort.

Westlock, Canada
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: Spread out all inclusive resort
Save

Lots of people like a large resort to walk around in. Drinks included all over, food. They’re not hiding.lol. I’ve stayed at some of the large ones in the Mayan and we don’t hide but it’s nice to have a big one to walk around if that’s what you like. Really, if you do t have a suggestion, no need to be rude.

The I wristwatch is a bit spree as our but there’s nothing like in the maya. Unless you stay at the vidanta complex and that’s not AI and heavy timeshare

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
17,268 posts
70 reviews
148 helpful votes
5. Re: Spread out all inclusive resort
Save

as mentioned, not really any comparable huge and spread out AI resorts on the Pacific coast like there are in the Riviera Maya.

Are you tied to going to PV? I'd recommend the Secrets in Huatulco or the Las Brisas there or the one in Ixtapa if you like bigger resorts with nearby areas good for exploring, lots of walking opportunities.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
443 posts
41 reviews
38 helpful votes
6. Re: Spread out all inclusive resort
Save

Thank you - that's what I was afraid of. Teresa M. we aren't looking to hide in a resort nor are we afraid of the area. We travel enough and stay in condos, etc for a more immersive visit to the area but also likeAI's for a weeks break to just stop and enjoy our time together - to walk to breakfast and after dinner for an hour to just talk and check out the resort.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
443 posts
41 reviews
38 helpful votes
7. Re: Spread out all inclusive resort
Save

Thanks Rissask we loved the layout of Las Brisas in Huatulco especially since the Club rooms were the furthest from the restaurants etc. That's exactly what I was hoping for in PV or NV

Westlock, Canada
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
8. Re: Spread out all inclusive resort
Save

Sorry, I meant the Vidanta, not wristwatch!. It's very spread out and large, but it's no AI and is timeshare but you can rent weeks on places like Redweek, etc.

Reply to: Spread out all inclusive resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.