We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple days in April

Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
A couple days in April

We are a couple seniors planning a brief visit to Quebec City in April (arriving on a Monday afternoon and departing mid-day that Thursday so just over two full days). We're not foodies or shoppers; we just like to wander and take in the scenery. I've compiled a list of things we'd like to see and do. If I had a bigger map, I could probably do this myself but I'm asking you help me organize the following into two days of meandering.

Place Royale, Terrasse Dufferin, La Citadelle, Notre Dame Cathedral, Notre Dame de Victories, Parliament bldg, funicular, Levis ferry.

I would really appreciate any suggestions for putting these in a walkable order. I would also welcome suggestions for additions to the itinerary, including cheap eats along the way. Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Tipton, United...
Level Contributor
4,267 posts
218 reviews
121 helpful votes
1. Re: A couple days in April

Quebec is very compact and easy to get about if you have no mobility issues, they have a great tourist information place . The parliament free tour was amazing, make sure no events are on and all your places are open.

Have you considered a free walking tour easy to book online .

The funicular is on the boardwalk close to the hotel fontenac, don’t forget the downstairs museum.

If you go onto tripadvisor there is a map for your chosen places or there are apps to download.

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
2,189 posts
47 reviews
37 helpful votes
2. Re: A couple days in April

Quebec city is divided into Upper and Lower town and as mentioned is fairly compact.

Parliament and the Citadelle are in Upper so makes sense to group together. The Basilica is very near Terrasse Dufferin which are also in Upper town.

Place Royale/ is in lower town not too far from the Ferry to Levis.

Where are you staying?

As you have noticed there is the Funiculaire between the two if you do not want to walk.

Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
3. Re: A couple days in April

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll concentrate on upper onr day and lower the other. We're staying at a VRBO about 600m west of the Gare du Palais.

Reply to: A couple days in April
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.