We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route to North Bay from Toronto

F P
Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Best route to North Bay from Toronto

Hello,

Wondering what is the fastest route to North Bay from Toronto. It seems the options are HWY 400 or HWY 11. 11 can be wuite busy in the south as it is Yonge St at the foot. HWY 400 seems to go further west. While Google maps say to take hwy 11 I am skeptical. ANy suggestions?

7 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,207 posts
796 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route to North Bay from Toronto

400 to 11 is the quickest and best route...

F P
Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route to North Bay from Toronto

Thank you!

F P
Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route to North Bay from Toronto

Thank you!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best route to North Bay from Toronto

You take Hwy 400 to just north of Barrie. At that point it splits, and 400 goes west and 11 continues directly north. You want to stay on 11.

Even though Yonge Street is designated as Hwy 11 in the GTA, it is not reallyconsidered a "highway" until further north.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best route to North Bay from Toronto

Just stayed in north bay sept 30th it was a nightmare.

with reservations at the comfort inn no place too park , had a trailer .

One way in and no turn around

Got my money back about 8.00pm and started looking for another place . forget it everything booked solid , went for coffee at tim's to think it out time 12.00 midnight . Five customers and the girl at the counter very helpful hopped on their cells and phoned every place in town, all booked,they expect it to be like this until end of october . finally got one at Super 8,had a room and parking bed at 3.00am i used expedia but best to phone direct and check with the 800 number of the hotel for any special needs like parking

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best route to North Bay from Toronto

forget my last post for comfort inn in north bay that nightmare was comfort inn thunder bay the night before

In northbay comfort inn on obrien was ok but expensive for a small town

best stay for me was travelodge in Kapaskasing

sorry for the other post 5 days on the road still tired

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,210 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best route to North Bay from Toronto

Regardless of where you had your bad hotel experience carl n, it is totally off-topic on a thread that's simply about driving directions.

F P, I'm really not sure what you were skeptical about in the first place. Highway 11 (from Barrie, as per the Google Maps directions) goes directly to North Bay. Highway 400 goes somewhere else. Where the highways split off at Barrie the signs for the lanes to 11 say North Bay and the signs for the lanes to the 400 say Sudbury.

Reply to: Best route to North Bay from Toronto
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Bay