We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo Azul....what's within walking distance?

United States
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
356 reviews
Cabo Azul....what's within walking distance?

Headed down to Cabo Azul and to San Jose del Cabo for the 1st time in October. We'll definitely eat at Javier's at least once since it's one of my favorites up here in OC. However, I prefer hole in the wall type taco stands when I get the chance. I'm looking for advice on people's favorite food establishments, preferably within walking distance of the resort but also in town.

How far is town? What is the cost of a taxi into town?

TIA for the input.

9 replies to this topic
St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
18,262 posts
176 reviews
1. Re: Cabo Azul....what's within walking distance?

Google Maps show Cabo Azul is a little over 1.3 miles and a 26 minute walk to the Tropicana inn which is close to the Historical area of San Jose

St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
18,262 posts
176 reviews
2. Re: Cabo Azul....what's within walking distance?

For Tacos, La Lupita restaurant and Cynthia Fresh restaurant are worth the walk.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,597 posts
71 reviews
3. Re: Cabo Azul....what's within walking distance?

I would also add Lateral on the street behind La Comer (the big grocery store) to the north and behind Cabo Adventures Dolphin enclosure to the south. Great and very popular taco stand. Can’t miss it - it has a large lighted sign out front that says TACOS. Would be a 10 minute walk.

Edited: 12 August 2018, 00:40
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,597 posts
71 reviews
4. Re: Cabo Azul....what's within walking distance?

Forgot to mention taxi to town is likely $7 or $8 only because this is the minimum charge for getting in a taxi. Taxi fares are flat rate by zone.

United States
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
356 reviews
5. Re: Cabo Azul....what's within walking distance?

Thanks Pantix. I’m used to paying $8 minimum from the Grand Solmar so that’s fine. I’m looking forward to riding the bus into CSL. Should be an adventure.

Arizona
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
47 reviews
6. Re: Cabo Azul....what's within walking distance?

When you walk out of the resort, turn right and then follow the main street north (Calle Antonio Mijares), in 3/4 of a mile you'll reach Los Claros Fish Jr. - an open-air palapa taco place with tasty tacos. The condiment bar is amazing, with onion rings and deep fried jalepenos along with a handful of different salsas. pico, etc.

Cold cervesas, friendly workers and a local flavor vibe that sounds like what you're looking for. There's a mercado across the street with LOTS of vendors for shopping too. Enjoy :-)

United States
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
356 reviews
7. Re: Cabo Azul....what's within walking distance?

Thanks Salty...I have heard of Las Claros but had no clue where they are. We got all the known spots in CSL but this is our 1st foray into San Jose. Really looking forward to it.

Arizona
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
47 reviews
8. Re: Cabo Azul....what's within walking distance?

Mike -

We stayed in San Jose the first time in January, after so many trips staying at VDP - it was a nice change, and we'll do it again in a couple years. I liked being closer to East Cape for daily adventures and exploring, still more to see out that way for us. Pretty much worn out the corridor and Downtown Cabo areas. Looking forward to exploring Pacific coast from Bucerias north next year, everything will be a new adventure 😀

Prince George...
Level Contributor
64 posts
210 reviews
9. Re: Cabo Azul....what's within walking distance?

We stayed there last month and preferred to walk most places. Fish and Grill is directly across the street and was very good. Also, La Forchetta is across the street and to the right within the block...excellent Italian. We walked to La Comer (grocery), but would take the bus back (vs cab), once we got comfortable. Fabulous Gelato stand in the mall attached to the grocery store. We walked to town as well during the day and felt safe (1.5 miles, if you don't mind that)...Jazmin's which is all the rave! I also walked to a breakfast spot 1 mile away towards in town but then off a back street close to possibly the Walmart (didn't go all the way). It was mentioned by another on a post and the ratings were good, but I thought it was just okay. Large breakfast menu and popular with locals: El Pancake House. (Good prices, especially if you don't prefer restaurants inside of the hotels which tend to be more expensive, regardless.)

Reply to: Cabo Azul....what's within walking distance?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo
Recent Conversations