We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa del Arco or Riu Santa Fe for trip with teenage boys?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Villa del Arco or Riu Santa Fe for trip with teenage boys?

Looking for all inclusive resort for a trip with our teenage boys. Considering Villa del Arco and Riu Santa Fe...or any others that you would recommend. After reading reviews of both properties, I am afraid that Villa del Arco may be too quiet/not have enough activities for the boys BUT am also afraid that Riu Santa Fe may be too wild. I think they would enjoy a lively party atmosphere with lots going on, but I don't want to take them to a glorified frat party either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

5 replies to this topic
St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,845 posts
176 reviews
1. Re: Villa del Arco or Riu Santa Fe for trip with teenage boys?

The RIU Santa Fe would be a good choice with all the activity going on.

Its not Spring Break time. They will be fine.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Villa del Arco or Riu Santa Fe for trip with teenage boys?

Thank you!

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,652 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Villa del Arco or Riu Santa Fe for trip with teenage boys?

The Riu Santa Fe has a new Water Park now which the boys will enjoy. The Spring Breaker's wont be there until next Spring. You didn't say when you are wanting to go, but September thru Middle of October the weather is Hot and HUMID during that time.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,963 posts
131 reviews
4. Re: Villa del Arco or Riu Santa Fe for trip with teenage boys?

Do avoid Riu Santa Fe at spring break..

And don't expect quiet or a good night sleep , now with the new addition and Party stage shows.

Glendale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: Villa del Arco or Riu Santa Fe for trip with teenage boys?

If you opt for Villa Del Arco which is a nicer resort than RIU the pool at Villa Del Palmar is alot busier and more fun. They run daily activities, volleyball and various poolside games. As a guest at Villa Del Arco you can trolly over to Villa Del Palmar - they run trollys back and forth continually all day long.

If you're doing All Inclusive the restaurants at both resorts are really good. I normally don't do AI because we have so many restaurants in town that we love but next month we are just doing the AI option because we don't want to have to go in and out constantly and the food is really good so we don't feel like we will be missing out on much by doing the AI at VDA.

Reply to: Villa del Arco or Riu Santa Fe for trip with teenage boys?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted