We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local vendors at cruise ship dock

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,923 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Local vendors at cruise ship dock

Hi guys,

I am aware that cruise ships tender their passengers in at Cabo.. here is my question ( I have trawled the forum for the answer to no avail sorry ).. Are there local vendors at the dock offering 2-3 hour city tours etc?

The same type of guys you see at every port in the Caribbean?

Or do we need to sort something ahead of time?

We dont do cruiseship excursions - they are corporate monsters .. prefer to give to the local people.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
11 replies to this topic
Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,430 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local vendors at cruise ship dock

They will be everywhere. I have a friend that has his own spot right along there. Very nice guy, and he's on Facebook if you want to contact him ahead of time.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,923 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local vendors at cruise ship dock

Excellent.. Thanks for the heads up.

I may contact your friend yes.. Any chance you can point me in the right direction?

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local vendors at cruise ship dock

No worries you will have several Vendors waiting for you as you step off the tender dock onto the Marina. Right next to the tender dock is Dock 5 where there are lots of Water Taxi's doing the tour from there to Land's End and return to Dock 5. You will be able to make whatever tour arrangements you want with the Vendors as soon as you step off of the tender dock.

Here is a Map showing the Tender Dock and Dock 5.

wikimapia.org/…bs

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,430 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local vendors at cruise ship dock

I just messaged him to get the office info. I have his card but can't seem to locate it. Will let you know when he responds. He is super nice and trustworthy, not pushy like some of the vendors.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,923 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local vendors at cruise ship dock

Cheers Guys much appreciated :)

Oklahoma City...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Local vendors at cruise ship dock

Hey Krim, would you be comfortable sharing your friend’s info with me? My sister and I will be stopping in Cabo on 9/10 on a cruise and we’d like to check out the local tour guides rather than ship sponsored shore excursions. We’re both mid-60s so the high adventure activities don’t interest us. But we’d love be to do a beach or two and check out the local sites and food. No shopping or bar hopping, please! Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,430 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Local vendors at cruise ship dock

His name is Vicente and he's located at the Activity Center, booth AA1. It's on the other side of a restaurant, Senor Frog's I think it is just down from dock #3. His phone number is 624 135 5900. If calling from the US dial 011 52 first. He is really close to where you will be tendered to, first actual booth you will come to, the door faces the sidewalk. He or one of his sons will probably be standing out on the sidewalk. You can ask to speak to him or ask where AA1 is located. There are restrooms inside the main building in case you need them. I agree, I've only been on two cruises but refused to pay the crazy high rates they charge for excursions.

Mentioned in this post
Senor Frog's
Senor Frog's
747 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,923 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Local vendors at cruise ship dock

Thanks again Krim.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
69,247 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Local vendors at cruise ship dock

Here is an article about cruising to Cabo. It includes a map.

www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-c141170

Vicki M ~ you can just walk to town (get off the main street!) and then on to Medano Beach. Enjoy lunch at a quiet beach bar along with a beverage or two, then take a land taxi or a water taxi back to the cruise ship tender dock.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,792 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Oklahoma City...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Local vendors at cruise ship dock

Thank you, Krim! I’ll be contacting him for sure. Gracias!!

Reply to: Local vendors at cruise ship dock
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted