We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent a house, AI or Hotel??

New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Rent a house, AI or Hotel??

Hello,

I am starting my research up again for my birthday trip in November. My only problem is that I am not sure where I should stay. I am open to anything but for Cabo, which do you think would be best?

Background: 20-30yr olds, looking for fun, our budget isn't tight but we would like the most affordable and convenient option (by the Medano/Marina area). Only problem is that I do not have a solid number of people that are coming, so lets say anywhere between 4-8 people.

Curacao - rented a house, loved it

Punta Cana - stayed at an all inclusive and was bored out of my mind

Thank you in advanced for any advice or suggestions

17 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,688 posts
659 reviews
11. Re: Rent a house, AI or Hotel??

Let us know what you decide on.

Riverside, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
52 reviews
12. Re: Rent a house, AI or Hotel??

I would look at timeshare condos that can easily sleep 4 to 8 people. We are at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach.

Although not on Medano Beach you have access to a bus that will drop you off. A/I is optional so you may want to choose for a few days. The Pueblo Bonito Group have great restaurants. We had 6 of us in June and it was alot of fun. Two 25 year olds, two thirty year olds and then of course us......the parents 30+ HaHa. We went into town as usuall, but usually spent the day at resort.

I would not do a hotel at all since it is very small. A home or villa in Pedregal would be beautiful but I must admit that when I am on vacation, I want service. Yes, I am a vacation snob! Many choices that only you can decide which works for your group.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
358 posts
14 reviews
13. Re: Rent a house, AI or Hotel??

Look into renting a timeshare large enough for all. That way you have the convenience of a resort but large enough for all. I have heard people talk about redweek and others. Pretty reasonable for a week with all of you. This forum is a plethora of knowledge to what you may find on or close to beach. We own at one that is on the corridor and that is not what you want.

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
30 reviews
14. Re: Rent a house, AI or Hotel??

My next trip for sure renting a house with a chef and maid beachfront

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
316 posts
3 reviews
15. Re: Rent a house, AI or Hotel??

As usual I agree with KatD. Too many great restaurants in Cabo to justify AI. I’ve stayed AI in the Mayan but then there are so many of them to choose from. Not so in Cabo. All the restaurants in Cabo are so close to each other that you don’t have to walk too far to them. We usually stay within a mile of Medano. We rent a house or Condo. Stayed at non AI hotels before too, but prefer the house or condo. Stayed at Marina Sol last December and will be staying there again for a month this December- January. It’s one block off the beach and close to lots of bars and restaurants. Has a bar and restaurant on site and a pool

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
316 posts
3 reviews
16. Re: Rent a house, AI or Hotel??

Just to add to my above post. I’ve been to Cabo 13x and this December will be #14. Have never done AI in Cabo yet.5x AI in the Mayan

New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
17. Re: Rent a house, AI or Hotel??

Thanks everyone! I am currently searching and saving listings in my favorites.

Does your suggestion on what I should do stay the same, even if my number of travelers decreases?

Reply to: Rent a house, AI or Hotel??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted