We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shangri la caribe/booking thru turquoise reef group

kamloops
4 posts
shangri la caribe/booking thru turquoise reef group

Has anyone else had any difficulty getting confirmation of reservation through Turquoise Reef Group?

I sent a reservation request on the 13th; I received a confirmation that they received my request, but as of yet do not know if I have a room or not...I followed up with an email, but not response to that.

Thanks!

Just outside Chicago
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: shangri la caribe/booking thru turquoise reef group

They are based in Denver I think and a bit slow. They are also not the swiftest at the front desk. But if you haven't stayed at this resort you will find that it is awesome. Especially the little cabanas along the beachfront. The staff is excellent and the food is as well. So - be patient!

Paul

Just outside Chicago
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: shangri la caribe/booking thru turquoise reef group

They are based in Denver I think and a bit slow. They are also not the swiftest at the front desk. But if you haven't stayed at this resort you will find that it is awesome. Especially the little cabanas along the beachfront. The staff is excellent and the food is as well. So - be patient!

Paul

kamloops
4 posts
3. Re: shangri la caribe/booking thru turquoise reef group

Thanks so much for your reply..

So do you think I should wait for their response or book directly through the resort? I don't want anyone to get my spot!!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: shangri la caribe/booking thru turquoise reef group

why don't you try sending an email to the resort directly? that is how I booked my stay with them.

also...try this website: wwwdotplayadotinfo you can send an email to the hotel trhough this website also

I agree with the last poster...all of the hard work and long waiting you're doing now will CERTAINLY be worth it once you get there!

Tualatin, Oregon
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
5. Re: shangri la caribe/booking thru turquoise reef group

I tried booking directly with Shangra La Caribe and they were very good about getting back to me in a timely manner. Unfortunately they were completely booked the time we wanted to go. Feb. 23rd - March 3rd. Looks like a great place. Hope you are able to get in :)

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: shangri la caribe/booking thru turquoise reef group

I would call them directly and speak to their reservations manager, Mariela: 011-52-984-87-30611 . When you hear the voice message start in spanish, dial 113 for her extension. We just got back. We went last minute for new years as she had a cancellation. Very likely that they will have a room for you. We were in the Pueblito section a little further back from the beach and it was very quiet, nice rooms and still wonderful. You'll have a great time...

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: shangri la caribe/booking thru turquoise reef group

Just thought I'd mention this...when originally planning my September stay way back in February (of last year) they were already full for 4 of the 7 nights I wanted. So, I made arrangements elsewhere for the first 4 nights...but I kept checking back with the hotel directly about once every week or two...and low and behold...they got a cancellation eventually which allowed me to stay there for the full 7 days!

So...i suggest to keep in touch if they are full for your dates...you never know!

kamloops
4 posts
8. Re: shangri la caribe/booking thru turquoise reef group

Thanks for all your replies! I was in contact with the hotel initally last week, and I'm pretty sure there are rooms available. Unless I've missed out in the last few days waiting for my confirmation.

In any case, I sent my info directly to the hotel this morning to book my room. Now I just have to wait for the response from Mariela...I'm crossing my fingers!

It's our first trip to Mexico and we have some friends that are going at the same time, so I'm really hoping it works out!!

kamloops
4 posts
9. Re: shangri la caribe/booking thru turquoise reef group

Just received our confirmation! Woohoo!

new york city
Level Contributor
183 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: shangri la caribe/booking thru turquoise reef group

hey chicago pablo(sp )

tell me about the food is really that bad for dinner.. pls go into detail..i heard breakfast is really good ... did you eat out and waht where the good bars at the hotel and outside the hotel .. i am form nyc and have traveled in africa and been to mexico and have had the all inclusive.. how bad is it really or not at all. get back to me asap if you can nyc