We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangrila, Caribe or Aventura

7 posts
Shangrila, Caribe or Aventura

We're booking a beachfront bungalo for a family of four at Shangrila. Just curious if there's any reason to choose between Aventura and Caribe sections?

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Shangrila, Caribe or Aventura

I've never been there but just booked a room. The helpful woman on their 888 number told me that Caribe is about 6 years older then Aventura. However, a lot of the interiors were refurbished from the hurricane damage so both are very new inside. It sounds like a great place.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Shangrila, Caribe or Aventura

Hi Toph,

I have requested Caribe, it is further from the main access road and some construction that is going on behind some of the Adventura area. All the bungalows have been completely re-done after Wilma and looked great when I was at their beach in September.

Hope this helps.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Shangrila, Caribe or Aventura

I was just there last month. There is construction going on across the street, which is close to the Adventura side. Therefore, I would definitely request a bungalow on the Caribe side. We could hardley even hear the noise while on the Caribe side.

Also...we stayed in an oceanfront bungalow as well (4C), but the one next to us had an even BETTER view (5C). Perhaps you can put in a request for that one specifically...you WON'T be disappointed!

And one last thing...I do believe that after Wilma last year, most of the rooms were refurbished, but ALL of the bungalows were for sure.

7 posts
4. Re: Shangrila, Caribe or Aventura

Thanks for the feedback. We're booked in Caribe, heading down first part of January.

5. Re: Shangrila, Caribe or Aventura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 14:19