We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri La Caribe

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Shangri La Caribe

A couple of questions . . . We are going in May and we cannot get a beachfront or penthouse. We are booked for an oceanview caribe side. Is first or second floor the best? Anyone tried the massages? How far ahead do you have to book? How much? Do they provide pool/beach floats are do we need to take our own?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Shangri La Caribe

Hi Traveler,

My boyfriend and I stayed at Shangri-La last September in a garden view caribe side. I think it was around $150-170/night.

I'm not sure about the floors...I think they are all just one story, but not sure. We booked a few months in advance since I had to give my work that much notice anyway.

We both had a massage on the beach, which was very relaxing, but nothing extraordinary. I've had slightly better and much worse massages.

I don't remember seeing any pool floats provided, but I wasn't exactly looking either. You are able to rent snorkle equipment on the beach, so I would guess you can get floats there as well. If you have the extra luggage space, I'd bring your own just in case.

Hope this helps,

Kate

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Shangri La Caribe

We walked past the shangra la 3 weeks ago didnt see any floats. You can walk over to Walmart and buy some if you dont want to pack them.