We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri La Caribe

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
Shangri La Caribe

We are going to Shangri La Caribe June 15-22 and were are looking for any information we can find out on the resort??? Info on food there, what they offer, etc and any tips for places to eat lunch, etc?? Thanks

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
290 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Shangri La Caribe

Hi

My husband and me stayed at Shangri La Caribe 2 years ago and loved it. Very nice hotel, great beach, good food. You are right there in town, so lunch and dinner places are all around you. Just walk down the street and look for something that looks good to you. Most places have their menus displayed. Food at the resort is very good. You can eat lunch and dinner there for a cost, but it is good. If you walk straight up the street from the hotel, about a block or two, there is a small store where you can get drinks, snacks and an ice chest and ice. That will keep your bar tab reasonable at the hotel. You will love it. It is a great place.

Spring Lake...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2. Re: Shangri La Caribe

I can't say enough about this resort!!! It's the best! The ground are beautiful small but very spacious! Almost every room in the caribe scetion has some sort of an ocean view.

We went last may and we return again THIS SAT, I cant wait!! This resort is the beach lovers paradise. The walk to 5th Ave. is less than 10mins. There is a party store 2 blocks down from the main entrance, go there the first day. Get a disposeable cooler, ice and drinks. Have fun!!!!

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Shangri La Caribe

Just got back from there less than two weeks ago...

I posted my review ("Thumbs Up") here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150812-d156…

PM me if you have specific questions...

northern california
Level Contributor
554 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Shangri La Caribe

We've been vacationing there since the mid 80's (almost from day 1). PM me and I'll answer any questions that you have - We were just there this month. We love lunch at the resort - they have great tacos, enchiladas, Torta Cubana...

Bonnie

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Shangri La Caribe

Thans for tons of good advice. We were in Puerto Aventuras at Eldorado Seaside for 5 days in April and went into Playa and walked down to SLC. The beach was great and we walked around the grounds and saw the suites looked great. Is anyone going the same week??

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,703 posts
191 reviews
6. Re: Shangri La Caribe

Did I hear it was closing? Or am I dreaming? I am looking for a cute place in Dec and thougth I found that info in my searchings.

northern california
Level Contributor
554 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Shangri La Caribe

Supposed to be closing April 2009.

Things have a way of changing but that's the current word.

8. Re: Shangri La Caribe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 22:21