We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shangri la caribe-- room help??

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
shangri la caribe-- room help??

Can someone explain to me the difference in their rooms. I just cant seem to figure it out. I do like the idea of the beachfront bungalows but cant figure out the difference between

penthouse? and ocean view? what floors are these on? is one better than the other? experience?

thanks!

Stevenson Ranch, CA
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: shangri la caribe-- room help??

We stayed in a beachfront Cabana (2C) last year and are staying in one again this year. They are right on the sand. The ocean front rooms are just a row behind and some have a view between the cabanas. If you stay upstairs you probably see the ocean better, plus your roof is thatched. Penthouse is upstairs, I believe. I think they are on the Aventura side. I saw one building last year that looked 3 stories and I thought maybe the penthouse in on the top floor. I prefered the Caribe side for a more quiet experience. The beachfront cabanas on the Aventura side face inward a bit and are by the pool and breakfast resturant. Also closer to the construction. The garden view rooms are 2-story and the furthest back but it's a short walk to the beach.

Hope this helps!

2. Re: shangri la caribe-- room help??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 14:19