We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shampoo/sunscreen

Chicopee MA
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
shampoo/sunscreen

Are you able to bring these items in your suitecase?

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: shampoo/sunscreen

Checking or carry on? Carry on requires certain amounts only - check on your airlines website for exact instructions.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: shampoo/sunscreen

only if they are 3 oz. or less. Its just easier to put them in your checked luggage. You can buy sunscreen but it is very expensive at the resorts.

California
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: shampoo/sunscreen

In your checked luggage you can bring any size of sun screen or bugspray, hairspray, makeup, lotion, shampoo, alcohol or whatever else you want or need.

In your carry-on, all the liquids you bring on board need to fit in to ONE one quart zip loc baggie. This includes "semi-liquids" like lipstick, chapstick, mascara, etc.

Since most airlines are now charging 15 dollars for a single checked bag under 50 lbs, and most carry-ons are being restricted in size and weight as well, I would suggest to the budget minded to pack the basics you will need for a few days and a change of clothes (including bathing suite) in the carry on, and pack at least one checked bag with the sun screen, family size deep woods off, benadryl and caladryl, after sun aloe and your favorite beverage. All these things are probably going to be a lot more expensive in the gift shop at your resort.

For the men, just wear a pair of khakis and tennis shoes on the plane, that is all you will need (with a polo or hawaiian style collared shirt) to get in to any formal restaurant in Cancun. Women can wear almost anything as long as it isn't a topless thong.

You will also need your jacket when you are standing in line at customs when you get back to San Francisco, Chicago or New York, so don't forget to carry them on when you go home, even though it will be 80 and humid in Cancun.

Plymouth, Indiana
Level Contributor
253 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: shampoo/sunscreen

As ladybird stated about lipstick and chapstick - this I've never had a problem with. Maybe other airlines. We fly Airtran most of the time to FL and I'm a chapstick addict and have never had my chapstick taken away. I've had my small hand lotion taken but never lipstick or chapstick. But, we are doing just as she said, packing most of our clothes - which is minimum for 7 days in a carry on for each of us and then a med. size checked for our lotions, sunscreens, shampoos and such. Plus I want to bring tequila and vanilla back. Continental doesn't charge for the 1st checked piece since it's International. Not sure if all airlines have the same policy.

5. Re: shampoo/sunscreen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 11:18