We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu palace las americanas

Owatonna, Minnesota
Level Contributor
72 posts
Riu palace las americanas
Save

Have anyone stayed at this resort?

Is it nice?

Is there food and drinks good?

Do you get steak and lobster

7 replies to this topic
Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
58 reviews
31 helpful votes
1. Re: Riu palace las americanas
Save

This is a very popular resort. I’d recommend reading recent reviews to get a feel for how things are going during the pandemic. RPLA is the only adults only RIU in the Yucatán but offers essentially the same as every other Palace level RIU.

I can’t speak to the current menus offered. The pandemic has caused changes to many things at each resort. They may serve steak and lobster, but I doubt they’d be great and I’m sure they have better dishes.

R&T
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
58 helpful votes
2. Re: Riu palace las americanas
Save

Hi Brookewanous, as Jon said, check out the reviews from recent travellers that have been at this resort to help you better decide whether RPLA is for you. My wife and I have loved this resort in the past and we will be returning next month but we have not been there for almost two years due to Covid 19. The resort in my opinion is one of the best Riu Palace resorts in Mexico period for the cleanliness of the beach, resort feel, hotel location, service etc. We have enjoyed some amazing dinners at the Black and White steak house at the RPLA and my wife who has a seafood allergy loved the beef tenderloin. I have really enjoyed the steak and lobster and the tenderloin. It can be a hit and miss with the lobster depending on the time of year. Also, in our experience if you go earlier rather then later the lobster tends to be less likely over cooked.

The drinks tend to be good but we have always found at all All inclusive resorts that we have been to that ordering your drinks from the bartender where you can see what they are pouring you tends to be more successful, Good luck with your final choice!

Blaine, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,691 posts
11 reviews
126 helpful votes
3. Re: Riu palace las americanas
Save

We have stayed at many RIU's - and this was one of our favorites. Adults only, close to everything if you want to go outside the resort, good stretch of beach, etc. It's an older building, but it's been re-done - and everything was clean and in good condition when we were there. My other favorite RIU is RIU Palace Costa Mujeres - but it isn't adult only (although there wasn't many kids) and it's north of Cancun, in the middle of nowhere. But it's a good resort if you plan on mostly just staying at the resort.

RIU's are kind of like my barometer for all other resorts. You can get more upscale, and perhaps better food, liquor and service -- but you will pay for it. You can go cheaper than an RIU Palace, but you will probably have less quality food, liquor and service. It's all a matter of what you want to spend, and what you're willing to give up. I think RIU Palaces are priced well, without giving up anything I really need. I do like a splurge now and then -- but honestly, then you are left to wonder if the extras you get are worth the extra you paid. And we do go on budget trips where we pay less than RIU Palaces - but we do feel the difference. (we stick a budget trip in there every now and then, when we are able to go more than our typical once a year visit)

Owatonna, Minnesota
Level Contributor
72 posts
4. Re: Riu palace las americanas
Save

Thank thank you for update have you been to either one during COVID?

Do they have testing on site?

The Riu las Americanas do they have good sun? I’ve heard you loose sun early but we are going in February.

Also do they both have steak and seafood apart of the all inclusive?

Livermore, Colorado
Level Contributor
95 posts
25 reviews
10 helpful votes
5. Re: Riu palace las americanas
Save

We stay last January, the food was fairly good, rooms are nice with good beds, and the location is great. I really had no complaints about the resort, it did show its age a little but nothing that couldn’t be over looked. The beach was slightly small but adequate. As discussed earlier the sun does leave the beach slightly early but we used this time to walk into town which is very close. When we stayed the other guests were the biggest disappointment, with late night conjugal sessions that were over the top for hours to late night dance clubs in the rooms above us….. the sound proofing could use some improvement so sleep was hard to come by but this is to be expected in Cancun I guess? Cancun seems to be more the party place not the relaxing vacation place. Next time I will stay further out of town or even in playacar.

Owatonna, Minnesota
Level Contributor
72 posts
6. Re: Riu palace las americanas
Save

What time does the sun unshackle go down?

Livermore, Colorado
Level Contributor
95 posts
25 reviews
10 helpful votes
7. Re: Riu palace las americanas
Save

If I am not mistaken the beach is shaded at 4 in mid January,

Reply to: Riu palace las americanas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.