We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Covid test back to Canada (Wish guys share your experience)

Toronto, Canada
8 posts
Covid test back to Canada (Wish guys share your experience)
Save

I know there are lots of posts about the test. Would guys backed to Canada kindly share your experience / suggestions to the coming buddies? Thanks a lot!

72 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
43 reviews
42 helpful votes
1. Re: Covid test back to Canada (Wish guys share your experience)
Save

We went to the airport testing site Sunday afternoon

No line up

There is a form to fill in from a QR code I used the airport wifi for that - make sure to take the hotel or condo postcode as I couldn’t complete without a postcode it recognized

We were dropped by Uber at the door and were through in about 20 mins

They do both nasal brain tickler and throat

Waiting for the results now

$3000 Mx total

Worst part was trying to get an Uber back on Sunday afternoon when all the flights were coming in

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
16,476 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
2. Re: Covid test back to Canada (Wish guys share your experience)
Save

$3000 MXN per person? Thanks for the input.

I am checking options nearer Sayulita, at that price I might as well avoid the drive south.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
43 reviews
42 helpful votes
3. Re: Covid test back to Canada (Wish guys share your experience)
Save

Nope total so 1500 each

Our hotel wanted 2800 Mx each

Victoria, Canada
14 posts
4. Re: Covid test back to Canada (Wish guys share your experience)
Save

Air Canada announced this morning that they have made plans with Switch Health to sell test kits for Canadians travelling. These kits produce results in 45 minutes and are, apparently, acceptable to fly to Canada. You purchase the kits and take them with you. To do the test, you need to sign in on a mobile device, take the test in front of an authorised representative from Switch Travel who verifies it is actually you, and the results are sent to your device in 45 minutes. My understanding is that, at this time, you can purchase them if you have an Aeroplan account. I did try and would be able to.

https://ca.travelpulse.com/news/airlines/new-air-canada-offer-lets-canadians-pack-their-covid-test.html

I will be in PV next week but have already booked my PCR test through Hospital Joya in PV which is close to the cruise ship docks. Currently they charge 2500 pesos. Perhaps next time we will consider taking the kit instead.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
16,476 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
5. Re: Covid test back to Canada (Wish guys share your experience)
Save

@GregB, I read that, but I also know that currently Canada does not accepted at home tests. It would be a great option if they did.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

"Travellers should have their test performed at a reputable laboratory or testing facility (i.e., one recognized by the local government or accredited by a third party, such as a professional organization or international standards organization)."

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
5,600 posts
19 reviews
20 helpful votes
6. Re: Covid test back to Canada (Wish guys share your experience)
Save

Very interesting! I have an Aeroplane acct tho will be 90 mins north of PV so I'd need to find out if I can do the tester near there.

The hospital in Sayulita does PCR tests.

Canada
Level Contributor
440 posts
12 reviews
13 helpful votes
7. Re: Covid test back to Canada (Wish guys share your experience)
Save

How much for the pcr test at the hospital in sayulita funk?

Edited: 26 October 2021, 07:13
Toronto, Canada
8 posts
8. Re: Covid test back to Canada (Wish guys share your experience)
Save

Oh, man! 3000 Mx each, I am reconsidering my plan to MX. Still one month away, waiting for good news!

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
16,476 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
9. Re: Covid test back to Canada (Wish guys share your experience)
Save

St Lukes is about 2850 for a PCR test. They are opposite the Compostela bus stop.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
3,726 posts
10. Re: Covid test back to Canada (Wish guys share your experience)
Save

To fly back to Canada you need to fill out the Vuela Seguro health questionnaire online 12 hours before your flight (or on paper at the airport). You need to show it before you go through security to get to your gate at the airport.

You also need to get a PCR test within 72 hours of your landing in Canada. I got mine at San Pablo Clinic on Lazaro Cardenas (near La Noche bar) on Friday morning for my flight on Sunday. Just walked in a few days before and requested an appointment. $2,500 pesos and got results within 12 hours. Results were sent via e-mail but they said I could go back next day and they would give me a paper copy.

You need to show your negative test result at the check in desk for your flight back to Canada.

You also need to download and complete the ArriveCan app and fill out the information requested, you need it to get through customs and immigration when entering Canada.

Edited: 26 October 2021, 07:36
Reply to: Covid test back to Canada (Wish guys share your experience)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.