We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fare

Burlington, North...
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
72 reviews
64 helpful votes
taxi fare
Save

What is the fare if you are staying in the same zone?Cost to go to the next zone?Last time I was there(5 years ago)I think it was 50 pesos in the zone & another 10 to go to the next zone.

4 replies to this topic
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
1. Re: taxi fare
Save

The official rate is still 50 pesos but most drivers will ask for 60 unless you are just going a few blocks. Keep in mind that it has been 50 pesos since 2012, so I don't usually argue over the additional 10 pesos.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
24,179 posts
109 reviews
148 helpful votes
2. Re: taxi fare
Save

These days I’m am always surprised when I’m only charged 50 pesos within a zone. I keep expecting it to go up and it doesn’t most of the time. 10 peso rules still applies for a lot of drivers as well.

Agree with post 1, I don’t get bothered over 10 pesos.

Edited: 23 October 2021, 09:05
Normal, Illinois
Level Contributor
187 posts
35 reviews
20 helpful votes
3. Re: taxi fare
Save

George. We haven't used a regular taxi in our last 3 trips (aside from leaving the airport). Have always used Uber, much cheaper, quicker and cleaner.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,423 posts
272 reviews
251 helpful votes
4. Re: taxi fare
Save

George. Make sure you always confirm your taxi fare with the driver before you take off on your ride. That way there will be no surprises when you are dropped off. 😉

Edited: 25 October 2021, 08:39
Reply to: taxi fare
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.