We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpack beach chairs

Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
601 posts
29 reviews
53 helpful votes
Backpack beach chairs

Hi All. Last year we saw many people with these great backpack Beach Chairs (Tommy Bahama). We went to Costco but they were all sold out. We are going again, same time this year for a month and would love to buy these chairs. I understand they sell out fast. Any idea on where they may have in 3 weeks time, or how best to purchase. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks so much!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
28,486 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Backpack beach chairs

Someone posted last week there were some in Costco in PV, but I really think you shouldn't rely on the capricious supply/demand stock and inventory there. It's there one week and gone the next. Since you aren't going for 3 more weeks I could tell you they have them now and they could be gone by the time you get there.

If you want a guarantee, you should buy before you go. They sell them on Amazon.ca; if you really want to ensure it arrives in time sign up for the free 30 day trial of Amazon Prime and you'll get it delivered in two business days.

Edited: 04 January 2017, 05:49
Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,990 posts
40 reviews
201 helpful votes
2. Re: Backpack beach chairs

if you know anyone down there---maybe they can buy it for you

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
3. Re: Backpack beach chairs

Walmart.com.mex has them under the category "Desportes-camping". But, every store doesn't always carry all the products that are on the website. If you do go and they do have them, they will probably be in the section with coolers and tents. The ones I saw on the website were $399 MX.

Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
601 posts
29 reviews
53 helpful votes
4. Re: Backpack beach chairs

Thanks .. I checked and the price is triple costco.com online. Perhaps best to wait till we get there and keep our fingers crossed.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,338 posts
20 reviews
100 helpful votes
5. Re: Backpack beach chairs

Walmart, Woolworths and Mega have similar beach chairs with straps, not back packs or 'tommy bahama'

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
6. Re: Backpack beach chairs

Good point JNS - the ones I saw online were the ones that fold up and are in a cylindrical bag and are carried over the shoulder - not a backpack.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
28,486 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
7. Re: Backpack beach chairs

You could also wait and try Amazon Mexico when you arrive. Lots of expats use it and most of them say it's better delivery service than NOTB.

I think if you want this specific chair, iyam's idea is the best one. Find someone who is there now and see if they're willing to do some advance shopping for you. These chairs seem to come in a couple of times a year but sell fast and then are not replenished for months.

Sometimes if you want something specific you have to be willing to pay the price for it.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,835 posts
81 reviews
38 helpful votes
8. Re: Backpack beach chairs

We were in Costco today and they had the chairs. They had lots but that can change fast in high season. If they are not there when you arrive we have 2 we can loan you. (1 Tommy, 1 similar) I can drop off anywhere in old town or centro. Just PM me. Cheers.

Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
601 posts
29 reviews
53 helpful votes
9. Re: Backpack beach chairs

Thanks so much Kevin. That is awfully kind of you. I have asked the owner of the condo if she knew of someone who could purchase on our behalf. She said she would get back to me in the next day or so. I will let you know... Thanks again for your kindness. K.

Spring Hill, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Backpack beach chairs

only 6 days till I am sitting on the beach in pv, cant wait.