We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shampoo, soap, etc. at Dreams and Secrets

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
26 reviews
Shampoo, soap, etc. at Dreams and Secrets

Can anyone tell me what toiletries (ie/ shampoo, lotion, etc) they provide in your hotel room at both Dreams and Secrets in Huatulco, and what size the containers are? Shampoo, hair conditioner, sunscreen take up a lot of weight in a suitcase and we are flying Sunwing so we are very limited weight wise.

Also, do they replenish the toiletries one you have used them up (i.e./ if the shampoo is used up, do they replace it or do you have to go the the front desk to ask for more). I am just wondering what I need to pack and what I do not need to pack. (I hear the bugs are bad there...is that true?)

Moncton, NB
Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Shampoo, soap, etc. at Dreams and Secrets

At Secrets, they provide, shampoo,conditionner, shower gel, suncreen lotion FPS 15, body lotion all in 118 ml plastic bottles. Soaps, shoe polisher, sewing kit, shower cap. They replesnish without asking. I have brought some insect repellant and didn't used it ( and I'm a bug magnet) . They have black flies during the day , they seem to be attract by the smell of your suncreen or your drinks. They don't bite they are just annoying. On windy days, there are almost unnoticed.

They provide bathrobes and slippers too.

Edited: 25 January 2016, 16:50
Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
499 posts
73 reviews
2. Re: Shampoo, soap, etc. at Dreams and Secrets

Just back from Secrets

-enough shampoo to do the week

- saving cream enough for one shave

-conditioner enough for the week

- body wash hardly used we brought our own soap

- body lotion lots

- sun screen really???? never used it . used our own that way we new what we had

- blow dryer worked fine

- make sure you save room in your suit case for your silver spoon

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Shampoo, soap, etc. at Dreams and Secrets

Thank you so much. Great info!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
152 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Shampoo, soap, etc. at Dreams and Secrets

Dreams was pretty much the same = except we did not have SPF lotion in our room = just regular. The shampoo has the condition in it. The bottles are big of shampoo, lotion and body wash = enough for the week I would say. They will replace if you empty them :)

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Shampoo, soap, etc. at Dreams and Secrets

Oh Shellysteve you made me laugh!

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,937 posts
216 reviews
6. Re: Shampoo, soap, etc. at Dreams and Secrets

Secrets even provides incense for the jetted soaker tub. A long time ago I described the place in detail. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
385 posts
7. Re: Shampoo, soap, etc. at Dreams and Secrets

don't like the shampoo/conditioner. got frizzy hair. bring my own.

8. Re: Shampoo, soap, etc. at Dreams and Secrets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2017, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco