We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental recommendations

San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
24 helpful votes
Car rental recommendations
Save

Hello!

I read some old discussions about this topic in the forum but I thought I’d ask to see if there’s new insights.

I did take the advice of joining the Voice of Loreto Facebook group and got a recommendation for “Vetur AMC car rental”.

However it seems that they don’t have the office in the airport and their online reservation does not provide much information about the mandatory insurance or possible credit card deposit.

So I am wondering if there’s recommendations among any of these car rentals in the airport, EuropCar, Hertz, Alamo, Fox, etc that’s not going to force you buy extra insurance if you’ve already purchased the mandatory liability insurance and not going to put a hefty amount of deposit to our credit car.

Thanks so much for your help!!

4 replies to this topic
Loreto, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Loreto
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
39 reviews
51 helpful votes
1. Re: Car rental recommendations
Save

Did you do a search on Voices of Loreto? The topic seems to come up a lot. Alamo and Ventur seem to come up with good reviews.

San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
24 helpful votes
2. Re: Car rental recommendations
Save

Yes I did indeee as I said in my original post. I asked and the Facebook group recommends Vetur AMC and I’ve contacted Ventur AMC as well - they indeed have an offsite rental place and unfortunately they’ve all booked up till April.

So I am trying to see if there is other decent car rental companies -I’ve read way to many horrible reviews for all these companies so am trying to find the “lesser of evils” :)

Thanks!

Loreto, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Loreto
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
39 reviews
51 helpful votes
3. Re: Car rental recommendations
Save

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I saw that you asked, but what I meant was, did you search the history on the site using the little magnifying glass?There are a lot of questions about rentals. Looking at the history you might see a pattern of good or bad.

San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
24 helpful votes
4. Re: Car rental recommendations
Save

Yes thanks! I did do that magnifier glass for searching and learned all these horrible stories with different car rental companies. I was hoping someone who had more recent experience could help give some recommendation. :)

Reply to: Car rental recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Loreto
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.