We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All About the View Villa? Anybody stay there?

United States
Level Contributor
83 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
All About the View Villa? Anybody stay there?

Thinking of renting All About the View villa as well. Anybody have any experience with this one?

Deciding between this one, Caribbean Jewels (see other post about neighbor), and Easy Breezes.

Thank you!

Pa.
Level Contributor
6,027 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All About the View Villa? Anybody stay there?

haha, no. Posted on this a few months back as it was on my b/w 2 list. We ended up picking Lunazul. I'm super excited, but was just looking at that listing again last night and might seriously consider it next trip as the location is so convenient. This will be our first trip off the south shore/cruz bay area, so we will see how it goes and if we like it, might go there even though we only need one bedroom.

When I inquired, I was told the pool is positioned to get maximum sun, but they couldn't tell me how warm it was (pools on that end tend to be cooler) and it is right on Centerline Road if that might bother you....not like it's an interstate, but will see more "traffic" than somewhere off the main road.

If you pick it, please post your thoughts on the forum

United States
Level Contributor
83 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All About the View Villa? Anybody stay there?

Ok if I pick it I'll let you know, Snorkeler. Thx! We don't go until March. How did you know the address? I can't find a map in the Destination St. John web site. It just says Bordeaux.

Can u ask why you chose one over the other?

Pa.
Level Contributor
6,027 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All About the View Villa? Anybody stay there?

I mapped it on VRBO and asked on the forum and contacted the company who verified it is on Centerline Road. The one pic on VRBO looked like Centerline which is why I inquired.

Hubs really wanted the solar heated pool. Only reason we picked that one. We are bringing guests who might not be as active and stay in one day so we wanted them to have a comfortable pool. Lunazul is a bit further than we would like as we love being close to Cruz Bay, but we aren't drinkers and just figure we will do our driving in the evening rather than the day. Normally, we drive back and forth across the island sometimes twice a day to snorkel,eat,snorkel so it's no big deal.

United States
Level Contributor
83 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All About the View Villa? Anybody stay there?

Ok thank you! I didn't realize Lunazul had a solar heated pool. And better views I think. Maybe I should pick that one!

Pa.
Level Contributor
6,027 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All About the View Villa? Anybody stay there?

Yes, it is a removable cover and gets very high reviews, just not as great location unless you are looking for the heart of Coral Bay

6. Re: All About the View Villa? Anybody stay there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 August 2016, 02:05
daisytown
Level Contributor
684 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: All About the View Villa? Anybody stay there?

Lunazul is a great villa and pool is very warm . We loved the place.

United States
Level Contributor
83 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All About the View Villa? Anybody stay there?

Great thx! We booked Lunazul.

Lawrenceville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All About the View Villa? Anybody stay there?

For anyone else wondering I'm going to try and post this as many places as I can! We are finishing up our 9 day stay at All About the View and this is the PERFECT villa!

We have a family of 4, 2 girls aged 12 and 14 so the layout here is great! The entrance level is the living room and open kitchen walking out to the wrap around deck with THE MOST AMAZING VIEWS ON THE ISLAND. There is a bathroom off the living room with double sinks that has an outdoor shower with FANTASTIC views! My girls loved this shower so much they said we need one at home. Ha.

The bedroom is the roomy Master king with the blue decor in the pics on the sites. AC works great and there is a private balcony (no seating) off this room.

The deck right off the living room is where we spent most of our time when we weren't in the pool. 4 bar height chairs and table make this the BEST place in the house.

Outdoor steps lead down to the pool deck which is very nice! The pool was added after this house was converted from a caretakers cottage to a rental property. (Apparently there is a mac daddy mansion right around the corner that we can't see to which this house once belonged).

The pool is the perfect temperature and the views while swimming are extraordinary! 4 cushioned lounge chairs with a couple of tables and outlets for charging your portable Bose speaker :)

The laundry room is on this level and also a half bath. Three steps down to the lower deck and second king bedroom. 2 adirondacks in this deck for more incredible views. This room has an en suite bathroom which has double sinks and an indoor shower.

*BEDS are both very comfortable! Upstairs master has a memory foam mattress.

*SHOWERS are both great, acceptable water pressure

*KITCHEN is very well equipped

*BEER/Wine fridge was a nice surprise.

*LIVING room furniture very comfortable and so much better than wicker with cushions attached like some island homes.

*BREEZES on top of this mountain cannot be beat! It doesn't matter how steamy this island may be (and it's just not that hot here...we are from Atlanta) the constant breeze you get here and inside the house are wonderful.

*LOCATION is ideal. We will never stay anywhere but Bordeaux Mountain (we rented Alta Vista on out last visit). Centrally located to the entire island and it only takes 15 minutes to get to either side. Maho Bay (our fave) is closest to this house. Columbos is right around the corner so we can get our daily smoothie fix!

*NATURE is so nice up here! Tons of birds! We did have an owl that would wake us up at exactly 3:30 every morning but he would only go on for about 20 minutes and we finally got used to him. A few lizards, a few slugs, but NO mosquitoes and only had one afternoon where some no-see-ums showed up but they were very minimal. Bugs just aren't an issue up here! The birds can be a bit crazy (trying to get into the car every morning??) but they mostly stay in the trees. Bats at dusk were fun to watch. Lots of butterflies :))

This is a gated property off of centerline road. You do hear occasional car traffic but it's really not a big deal unless you want complete peace (if you want that you should rent Alta Vista) One thing we did not know: there is another villa right next door on the same property. You cannot see it unless you are coming in or out the driveway and we only heard anyone there when a couple with kids were playing in the pool. We got a little loud one day being silly and playing a game on the deck and the new arrivals actually came over and told us we were being loud! It was 3pm!! Lol. So if you want NO neighbors and are the guy who yells at kids to get off his lawn then this may not be the best place for you ;) You never know who your neighbors will be!

Otherwise STAY HERE!! You will absolutely love it!! We will be returning to All About The View!

10. Re: All About the View Villa? Anybody stay there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2018, 16:16