We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spa Treatments

Virginia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
12 reviews
7 helpful votes
Spa Treatments
Save

So, I'm wary of opening this question for feedback, as it has the potential to deep dive quickly into a toxic thread. Instead of a thread with rationale presentation of differing viewpoints. But if it gets out of hand I will close the thread down.

I think I've been fairly cautious during the pandemic, more so then some of those around me. I hate masks with a passion, but am compliant in all public settings as required, and seeing folks ignoring mask policies or wearing the mask under their nose and mouth raises my ire considerably. But on the other hand I'm getting on planes and traveling through airports, so am assuming the risks that come with that, although hopefully small. I've had contractors working long hours in the house, unmasked because it would have been a deal breaker otherwise. I've gone to manicures and pedicures and hair appointments since the day they reopened, albeit mask compliant. I might still wear a mask for those personal services for awhile longer, even if it's no longer required, and I am fully vaccinated.

But one of the things I haven't yet done, is resume spa appointments. Normally a mainstay of my usual vacation routine. Specifically, massages and facials.

I'm fairly comfortable with the idea ofa massage if it's outside, in a cabana or tent with natural airflow. But I'm less certain yet about the risk of facials or massage services inside. And would hard pass on any massage requiring a mask. Obviously not an option at all for a facial.

What do raveling folks here think about inside massages and facials currently during trips? Are they activities you'd be comfortable resuming?

Any / all thoughts and perspectives are welcome.

2 replies to this topic
Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
142 posts
45 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: Spa Treatments
Save

Me and two family members (teen boys) had spa treatments yesterday at The Palm. They were super careful with their own mask wearing and required us to while entering. We were actually never around any other guest but still wore mask as we moved around. Their treatment rooms are in individual cabanas with what I thought was great airflow. We are all vaccinated too. One of my sons had a facial and loved it, myself and my other son had massages. When I was in my cabana with the therapist that was doing my treatment, (mask was off for the massage), I told her she could take hers off too and she politely declined. In general the island is actually more strict about covid precautions and mask wearing than my home state. I must share I am from GA and GA was one of the first states to loosen restrictions so T&C in general felt a step back for us regarding mask usage and Covid protocals in general. I think this is probably good and the right thing to do being a travel destination. Not sure this helped at all but wanted to share our experience at The Palm.

Virginia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
12 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: Spa Treatments
Save

Thanks Happy Travels. This actually does help alot. When I first started coming to TCI, I'd had several spa appointments at the Palms. I'd forgotten they're set up with indivual outside cabana type rooms. Thanks for the reminder and other details.

Reply to: Spa Treatments
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.