We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single

Palm Coast, Florida
Destination Expert
for Flagler Beach, Palm Coast
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
236 reviews
Single

I am going to an island over the Xmas vacation and need some help deciding which one. I will be going alone to unwind and relax. My goal is to find a place that I can do nature by day and party at night.

Recently I have been to St. Thomas and the Turks & Caicos. Both were great but a little lacking at night.

Any Suggestions?

WV
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
1. Re: Single

I've never been to the Turks. Though I like Tortola much better. I'd say St Thomas has much more night life!

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Single

Generally, the USVI have better nightlife than the BVI. If you are looking for nightclubs, etc. , the BVI are probably not for you. The BVI are great for nature lovers and great for relaxation, but are not known for lively nightlife. You might look into St. Maarten/Martin which has far better nightlife, but is not as naturally beautiful as the BVI.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Single

Tortola and Jost Van Dyke are very laid back. you have to be able to entertain yourself. Lots of Fun, Sun, Sand, Surf ,Quiet I spent two days on Jost Van Dyke and I talked with 5 people total in two days. I found the less traveled Islands to be very self cleansing. Plenty of opportunity to clear your head. At the same time I really enjoyed St Thomas Not a lot of night life although I enjoyed the heck out of DUFFYs Love Shack every night I went I had a BLAST. I found St Thomas just as Beautiful as any of the BVIs. I also went on my trip single. I have another trip scheduled for Dec9 - Dec 16 Really looking forward to the trip. What ever you decide enjoy it

Wmbreeze

4. Re: Single

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 16:20
Get answers to your questions about Tortola