We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single 24 MALE Coming 11/15! Last minute advice/questions

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Single 24 MALE Coming 11/15! Last minute advice/questions

Ok guys, so I am coming down Thursday 11/15 to monday 11/19 and I want to make the most possible. I am staying at a small hotel called coqui Inn by Isla Verde.. Should be a short walk to the El San Juan Hotel.. Anyways I have my trip to El Yunque all set for Friday, and we are also stopping by a beach called Loquillo, not too familar with that they just added me to that so I said Sure. I am guessing the BEST nightlife is at the El San Juan at Club Brava, and I have also heard of Club Lazar, for weekends. Any other nightclubs/bars you recommend I am looking for a place where I can talk to single women, Tourists and locals age range of 21-35 Year olds. As far as food is concerned what are the Must eat restrurants for puerto rican food, and since unlike my cancun trip this isn't all inclusive I am guessing the best thing is to go to a food market and buy some snacks to make on the go..

The Bio Bay also sounds fun and I would want to do that but I am not sure how transportation works from San Juan? Would I be better renting a car or is there a tour that can pick me up in San Juan and take me to one of those. Also what is the cost of renting a car per day on average. I am 24 year old male and may consider it for a few days so I can check out OLD san Juan at night and in day and also BIo bay if i have to

Thanks!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,558 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single 24 MALE Coming 11/15! Last minute advice/questions

Being under 25 you will pay a premium for a rental car. Have you thought about taking a snorkeling trip? There are several out of Fajardo. Slang is a booze cruise. Party environment. Good place to meet people and have some fun. Most will provide transportation from the San Juan hotels, for a fee of course. but that way you can enjoy and not worry about driving. Spread Eagle gets good reviews as does East Island excursions. You can google them. Old San Juan on Sat night would be a great options. They party in the streets at times. Several bars with live music and dancing. The locals can chime in with the hot ones. Liquillo Beach is very nice. That will be enjoyable. Get your beverages and snacks at the grocery. You can drink openiy on the beaches, Just no glass. Liquillo beach (Monserrate Balneario) even has a beach bar. There is a Segway tour of OSJ also. Good way to get your bearings. Google that also. Have fun.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Single 24 MALE Coming 11/15! Last minute advice/questions

Thanks for the response what is slang? I can't find any information on that but definitely interested in a booze cruise to meet people!

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
10,520 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single 24 MALE Coming 11/15! Last minute advice/questions

On thursday or friday, go to la Placita in Santurce. Bunch of bars. Saturday could be club brava, osj or condado. OSJ also has good crowds on sunday. I would not recommend you go by yourself to club lazer. It is more of a local hang out, so maybe meet some people first, then have them take you there.

Of course, I don't have to tell you to be careful out there. PR follows the same laws as the US, so don't go too crazy.

Florida
Level Contributor
45 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single 24 MALE Coming 11/15! Last minute advice/questions

Go wild at night it's great fun in San Juan. Rent a car go see the island. Eat all you can you only live once.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single 24 MALE Coming 11/15! Last minute advice/questions

You might want to rethink the hotel unless its only there for a place to crash. It can be hard to get to and its not rated well.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Single 24 MALE Coming 11/15! Last minute advice/questions

I am there to crash, so not a concern and close to EL San Juan/Isle Verde which is all I care about.. Every vacation I go on I usually always get a cheap hotel based on location and spend the money I save on activities/and such. I will look into those places thanks! Also trying to figure out which snorkeling trip and which one is the best for people looking to drink and have a good time, Not so much family but more party people! Like my cancun one any advice on the snorkeling tours? or any other party day tour cruises?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,558 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Single 24 MALE Coming 11/15! Last minute advice/questions

You're kidding me John, right? Slang is the use of informal words and expressions that are not considered standard in the speaker's language or dialect but are considered acceptable in certain social settings. Slang expressions may act as euphemisms and may be used as a means of identifying with one's peers.

8. Re: Single 24 MALE Coming 11/15! Last minute advice/questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 23:18