We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril Hills Golf Club

Newburgh, Indiana
Level Contributor
169 posts
27 reviews
Negril Hills Golf Club

My husband and I are coming to Jamaica in June and the resort we are staying at offers complimentary golf at this course. He'll be bringing his own clubs, but I know he'll have to pay for the cart rental and a caddy. Has anyone played this course? How was it? Are there any other golf courses nearby that he could visit? Any other tips for first timers to the area?

United States
Level Contributor
13,757 posts
134 reviews
1. Re: Negril Hills Golf Club

Negril Hills is the nearest course to Negril. See the following

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

The next nearest course is at the Tryall just east of Sandy Bay. It is slightly more than 1 hr. from Negril and just east of the town of Sandy Bay. You pass thru the middle of the course on the way from the airport to Negril.

massachusetts
Level Contributor
554 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Negril Hills Golf Club

I played this course two years ago. It was not in great shape. However the actual layout is good. We enjoyed ourselves. I think the course was being sold ? The Tryall course is supposed to be good. P g a events there every so often. Give it a shot.

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
1 review
3. Re: Negril Hills Golf Club

I also played the course about 18 months ago. It is VERY hilly. It was only in fair condition at that time. The layout is interesting and there are some great views to be found. I'm glad I did it so I can say that I played it, but on our next visit to Negril I left my clubs at home. So maybe that gives you an idea of how I thought about it.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
1 review
4. Re: Negril Hills Golf Club

Go early and head to the Blue Hole for a cool dip in the spring or pool after! It's very close!

PEACE!

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
483 posts
5. Re: Negril Hills Golf Club

It was fun to play but a bit sparse and not a high end course.

6. Re: Negril Hills Golf Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2018, 17:18