We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ALL Inclusive

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
72 posts
ALL Inclusive

I have never been to Jamica, but hoping to make our reservations. Problem is, not too sure where to stay.

People have told me there are beaches that are very muddy, they call them man made?

We love a beach which is clear water.

Can anyone suggest where to look to?

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: ALL Inclusive

I have found none of the beaches in Jamaica to be " muddy". ( I find the statement Laughable ). However, if you are looking for the beach that has the crystal clear water ( able to see the bottom even when it is over 10 feet deep ), water temperatures more warm then some resorts heated pools, soft sand, and very few waves - well that is Negril. Now , what type of resort are you looking for - all inclusive, non allinclusive , family resort, couples only ? Also, price range may help people on the forum to assist you further.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2. Re: ALL Inclusive

Looking for all inclusive....dont mind family resort, at all but would like to know some adult only too.....around 16-18 per person....nice pools..snack bar open during night...do get munchies!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: ALL Inclusive

Then look at Couples. (we love Couples Negril)

- Adult only (couples actually)

- great food

- top shelve liquor

- amazing beach

- nice pools

- late night snack bar

- amazing service

- and the most inclusions at an all-inclusive.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
72 posts
4. Re: ALL Inclusive

Thank You!!!!.....will check it out!!!

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: ALL Inclusive

Almost all beaches in Jamaica have beautiful, crystal clear water that you can see the bottom even when it's dozens of feet deep actually. The beaches in some of the other areas other than Negril, like Ocho Rios and Montego Bay are not the 'endless miles' of beach like the Negril beach is but the water is every bit as beautiful as Negril in most all areas. (In fact, imho the most beautiful water -colours- I've seen anywhere in Jamaica are in the Trelawny parish from Breezes to Silver Sands.)

There are TWO resorts in particular in Jamaica that you'll read reports of 'muddy' beaches. The Riu Negril and Royal Decameron Club Caribbean. Other than that... you're good to go :)

GREAT options for adult-only all-inclusive in the upscale resorts :

Breezes Grand Negril

The Jewel Dunns River

Breezes Runaway Bay

Couples Swept Away

Couples Negril

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: ALL Inclusive

Add Sandals Whitehouse to that list! Amazing resort! Endless private beach, the water is not muddy, huge beautiful pools, and every room is ocean/beach front.

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: ALL Inclusive

Steve

Don't forget the RIU Club in Negril. That beach is muck in spots. Hard as rock in others.

jamaica
Level Contributor
950 posts
1 review
8. Re: ALL Inclusive

You're right about the north coast beaches in Trelawny, Steve.....sometimes the water is just almost blindingly turquoise when the sun is shining.....the fushia bougainvilleas against that color is the best eye candy I've ever seen!

9. Re: ALL Inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Jamaica