We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fancy/upscale restaurant

Huntcliff, South...
Level Contributor
274 posts
1 review
Fancy/upscale restaurant
Save

Hi everyone,

I’ll be visiting Grenada in mid June for my 40th birthday. I would really like to visit a fancy/upscale restaurant to celebrate. Someplace my friends and I can dress up for. Can you guys recommend a nice restaurant that has great ambiance? I’m open to trying different cuisines and would love to know

places that have outdoor seating as well but not a necessity. TIA

11 replies to this topic
St. George's...
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
9,691 posts
194 reviews
145 helpful votes
1. Re: Fancy/upscale restaurant
Save

The best restaurant - imho - is the calabash hotels beachside restaurant - only open for lunch. If it has to be the evening, the university. club is pretty good, but the best there is to pay for a beachside table to be setup, dont know if they still do it post covid, but it is good.

Silversands hotel has a nice restaurant by the beach too, but imho the food isnt as good.

Florida
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Fancy/upscale restaurant
Save

Just returned from a stay at the Calabash and agree that the Beach Club is great! They do have dinners at the Beach Club - Tuesday is Grill Night and Thursday is Caribbean night if you want to celebrate on either of those nights. We preferred the food on Grill Night.

Huntcliff, South...
Level Contributor
274 posts
1 review
3. Re: Fancy/upscale restaurant
Save

I forgot to respond to you all. Thank you so much. I actually made a reservation with calabash based on your recommendation. Thank you.

Toronto
Level Contributor
916 posts
55 reviews
58 helpful votes
4. Re: Fancy/upscale restaurant
Save

Re dinner nights at Calabash Tues and Thurs, is it a set menu?

Can’t seem to find this info.

Huntcliff, South...
Level Contributor
274 posts
1 review
5. Re: Fancy/upscale restaurant
Save

Are you referring to Rhodes? I found the menu on their website. It looks like they only serve dinner Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat and Sunday evenings. Reservations required.

Huntcliff, South...
Level Contributor
274 posts
1 review
6. Re: Fancy/upscale restaurant
Save

I just looked again and I believe you’re referring to their beach club dining. That one is only for tues and Thur but the menu is on their website too. It looks fixed.

Toronto
Level Contributor
916 posts
55 reviews
58 helpful votes
7. Re: Fancy/upscale restaurant
Save

Sorry yes for their Beach Club that have Tues and Thurs dinners.

I only see their lunch menu on their site?

Huntcliff, South...
Level Contributor
274 posts
1 review
8. Re: Fancy/upscale restaurant
Save

Ohh ok. I thought that menu was for all day but I can’t confirm. I went there for lunch and had a lovely time. Beautiful property and beach. Friendly and welcoming staff.

Edited: 01 December 2023, 03:46
Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
172 reviews
49 helpful votes
9. Re: Fancy/upscale restaurant
Save

We loved Calabash. Also, if La Luna offers outside dining, do go. The setting is magical.

Toronto
Level Contributor
916 posts
55 reviews
58 helpful votes
10. Re: Fancy/upscale restaurant
Save

Thanks for the tip!

Trying to compile a list of restaurants to try. Specifically for dinner. Lunch we would prefer to grab a quick bite nearby.

Reply to: Fancy/upscale restaurant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grenada
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.