We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all booked

Boston
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
97 reviews
all booked

We finally booked our airfare to Santo Domingo. We did it this way and saved 1500.00 we are then taking a transfer from SD to PC. I just had a feeling the airfares were not going to go down from Boston to PC. Either way it worked out much better for us. Now just waiting until Novemeber!

Terry

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: all booked

Have you selected your resort yet?

I'll be curious to read your feelings, upon your return, about flying into Santo Domingo vs. PC...If in the end, you felt it was worth the savings, taking into consideration the transfer expense and time, essentially eating up 2 days of your trip. It will definitely give you the opportunity for more of a look of the country than most of us get, flying in and out of PC, for sure. So, in that respect, it's a big plus. Please let us know how it all turns out with an update on the forum.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: all booked

I'd like to see that review also.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
97 reviews
3. Re: all booked

Hi,

I will definatel post about flying into santo Domingo. The good thing is we leave late at night on the 16th of nov and our plane gets into sd at 4:15 in the morning so we are only 2.5 hrs away so we will not lose our first day On our last day we will be leaving our resort at 12:30 am and be home in time for lunch. So that last friday we will have the whole day also. usually when we leave on a saturday we are up early and out of the resort by mid morning..But I will definately post about how it goes. Thanks/

Terry

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
63,204 posts
78 reviews
4. Re: all booked

Two night flights - rather you than me!!!!

One is enough for us coming back to the UK overnight

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: all booked

We landed in S.D. once and were told 4 hours to P.C.

It took us 8 hours with stops and a cracked windshield on the bus to slow him down.....................never again. Hopefully you'll have better luck but don't plan on 2 1/2 hours as I believe the trip is at least a 4 hour ride.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
97 reviews
6. Re: all booked

Hi

hear you flip flop enjoy your vaction in sept let me know how the excellence is say hi to juan and altagracia she works at kafe kafe!

Terry

Boston
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
97 reviews
7. Re: all booked

Hi Bob,

thanks for the info I think we will be fine. we have secured a good transfer and hopefully have better luck than you did will post as soon as we get home and let you know how it went

Terry

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
8. Re: all booked

as we await the new Highway/Coral to be open soon 2 1/2 hrs from the Airport Las Americas/St Dgo to Punta Cana will easily be doable.

the Airport Las Americas is located outside of Santo Domingo towards the East, no catch of heavy City Traffick, no need to drive thru the Capital City.

with that Road Connection the St Dgo Airport las Americas will become much more attractive for Visitors who stay on the East/PC, but airfares of course need to be very much below the direct PC Airfares to make ot worth a Ride, but doable.

several Hotels(located in Uvero Alto) are Todays an hour one way transfer from the PC Airport, and that's not on an Highway, it's on a partially quiet crappy shaped tiny Road.

the Face of the Roads on the East and the Connection between east and South should change significantly til year's end, we will see what are the Options then for Flights and Routes to come around.

Happy Travels

Mike

Boston
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
97 reviews
9. Re: all booked

hey thanks mike

appreciate the info hey dude e-mailed you about doing your tour also in nov sounds good cannot wait to meet you in person heard nothing but good things about your tour

Terry

10. Re: all booked

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2013, 21:17