We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singing in the October rain...or not ??

uk
Level Contributor
867 posts
74 reviews
Singing in the October rain...or not ??

We are going to the IHD in October and from some reports it seems to rain a little more at his time of year.

What does every body do for entertainment with the kids when it rains please.

Does every body just say where they are and wait for it to pass or go and find shelter.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,085 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Singing in the October rain...or not ??

It's true, October statistically has the most rain. See: theweathernetwork.com/statistics/…

But my experience has been that I've experienced a lot more rain during my visits in March and April than I have in September which should not be the case! You may get lucky and have the dry week(s) of the month.

The hotel will arrange for as many activities as would be held on a clear day to be held on a rainy day. They will move indoors or under overhangs. The kids clubs at the resorts are usually excellent, and the IHD is no exception. I've actually heard that the resorts tend to do more for the kids in the rain than they do the adults. I guess if it were to be one way or the other, that's the way to go. As long as the kids are happy, most adults will be happy. If the kids aren't happy, no adults will be happy!

The hotel staff is good at determining if the rain is moving in for the day or is just a passing shower. Sometimes we on the beach panic when the clouds appear to head our way. They say "naw!" and wave a hand and sure 'nuff they go the other way. If it's a passing shower, an activity may continue without ceasing. That's happened for me when doing water aerobics and playing horseshoes. When it starts to pour, I've taken salsa lessons under a palapa and retreated to the internet while my mom played trivia games. This wasn't at the IHD, but they all run it in basically the same way.

I wish you sunny skies with a passing beautiful Caribbean rain that will temporarily cool down a hot day!

Kaki

uk
Level Contributor
867 posts
74 reviews
2. Re: Singing in the October rain...or not ??

Oh thank you how nice. If we stayed in every time it rained in Britian we would never go out lol. Fingers crossed though we are only going for a week.

3. Re: Singing in the October rain...or not ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about La Romana