We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would tween/teen be bored at Avila Hotel

Washington...
Level Contributor
202 posts
18 reviews
43 helpful votes
Would tween/teen be bored at Avila Hotel
Save

Thinking of Curacao for spring 2022. Have an 11 yr old and want her to be vaccinated before leaving the US with her. Would an 11 yr old and 13 yr old girl have fun at Avila Hotel or be bored to death? Are there ever other kids there? We're not interested in Dreams or Sunscape because we like the idea of not sharing a room with our children. Avila has 2 bedroom units. Would love to hear from people who have been. I'm open to suggestions of places for tweens/teens that do not require to all sleep in 1 room.

4 replies to this topic
Breda, The...
Level Contributor
10,497 posts
11 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: Would tween/teen be bored at Avila Hotel
Save

Whether or not they will be bored depends on your kids and on what you plan to do while on the island. Will you be renting a car and take day trips? Or will you be spending all your days at the hotel?

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
72 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Would tween/teen be bored at Avila Hotel
Save

Who can tell, if they need constant stim and cannot unplug, ya, they may hate it. Avila is gorgeous. If your teens can find their own way with friends, they might engage and connect with others. Avila, or any place, meeting other kids is unpredictable, depending upon the time of year, your children's social skills and so much more. It sounds like either you have had a concern in a previous trip. I get that you want everyone happy and want family time. Good luck...

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
275 posts
179 reviews
90 helpful votes
3. Re: Would tween/teen be bored at Avila Hotel
Save

During my 5 stays at the Avila, there have been either no children, or very few children, at the hotel. Furthermore, most of the children were Dutch.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
166 posts
58 reviews
25 helpful votes
4. Re: Would tween/teen be bored at Avila Hotel
Save

From my stay at the wonderful Avila, I'd say it's much more of a quiet, adult-oriented hotel. Somewhere near Mambo Beach and the Sea Aquarium area seems much more fun for youngsters. There were very few children at the Avila. It's more of a serene ambiance.

Reply to: Would tween/teen be bored at Avila Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Curacao
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.