We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet Area?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
271 posts
20 reviews
Quiet Area?

1.Is there a beach area that is more low key, not crazy and loud?

Just want to chill. Going mid November...maybe

2. Is it possible to eat plant based on the island, vegan?

I really don't know much about the food there.

Thank you!

6 replies to this topic
Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
172 reviews
1. Re: Quiet Area?

Many restaurants offer vegetarian or Vegan courses. Vita actually is only Vegan,

You can look at Avila where its not crazy and loud. Or Blue Bay.

Or any beach on the Western side.

5 posts
2. Re: Quiet Area?

Thank you ! I have a reservation at Avila & Kontiki Leaning towards Avila, seems from some research the area around Kontiki is more of a party atmosphere. Altho the grounds and rooms at Kontiki look beautiful

Best,

Kare

Matawan, New Jersey
Level Contributor
93 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Quiet Area?

we rented Cas Cielo cottage on the west of the island in the Cas Abou area. cottage right off the water. an incredibly quiet residential area in a gated community. neighbors are far enough that you wont hear them or even see them. short car rides to all of the quiet beaches on the west side (cas abou is right around the corner). i highly recommend it if you are okay with not staying in a hotel.

https:/…p680343vb

5 posts
4. Re: Quiet Area?

Thank you! Will look into it!

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
165 posts
142 reviews
5. Re: Quiet Area?

Have stayed at the Avila 3 times. The hotel grounds are quiet at night. Only the Jazz Night at the Blues Bar on Thursdays might offer some low-keyed noise after dark. In general, you'll find more activity on the hotel common grounds at 8 am than at 10 pm. By and large, the clientele at the Avila are well-to-do, middle-aged Europeans.

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
6. Re: Quiet Area?

Matt,

I read your trip review from last year. Thanks for sharing, it was helpful. My husband and I are considering renting Cas Cielo next summer. How did you like the cottage/island compared to St. Thomas? We were in St. Thomas a few months ago.

Reply to: Quiet Area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted