We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All booked for January 29!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
384 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
All booked for January 29!

So I am officially booked for Barceló Solymar for Jan 29-Feb 12! It may be a bit early but the deal was great! I am very much looking forward to the break from what is supposed to be another very cold and snowy winter here. Anyone else going to Varadero at the end of January?

Atlantic Canada
Level Contributor
447 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All booked for January 29!

Hey Harley,

We went end of Jan and it was great weather. Last few decades we been going 2 weeks in mid Nov and 2 weeks mid Feb (not always to Cuba). Kinda breaks up the winter. I'm in Moncton NB, which is the snow capital of the entire universe and I know you need a break from Winnipeg about the same time as us.

Have a great trip!

edmonton
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All booked for January 29!

Just booked Club Tropical Jan 26 -Feb 23 Gotta love the thought of a winter break

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
384 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All booked for January 29!

Thanks Ernesto! I do intend to have a great time. This will be my ninth visit to BSAB and each time it gets better. And yes Aime I too love the thought of a winter break.

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All booked for January 29!

Hii i am thinking of going to varadero the 23 of january or week after too. what hotel are you staying in and are you travelling alone if so was yhere solo fee?

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
384 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All booked for January 29!

I am staying at Barceló Solymar. If I remember right the single supplement was $360.00. 126 sleeps to go!

Newfoundland, Canada
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All booked for January 29!

What is the temperatures like in Cuba in late January, early February

Edited: 27 September 2014, 10:30
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
384 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All booked for January 29!

In the past it has been very good, usually highs of around 30 - 32. The evenings can cool off a bit so I do bring a light jacket or pullover just in case. Last year it was not needed at all. In 2010 I arrived Jan 11 and it was very cold for Cuba. I think the lows were single digits! Maybe someone can confirm this but it was COLD for Cuba! I am confident the weather will be great again lol.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: All booked for January 29!

You're lucky Harley. You'll be leaving just as the throngs of University students flock to Varadero for Reading Week which begins February 14th for most universities here in Southern Ontario.

sask canada
Level Contributor
152 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All booked for January 29!

A Riders fan from Winnipeg...awesome

Have a great time at Solymar

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
384 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All booked for January 29!

Originally from SK tho. Yes Twirler that is why I enjoy the first two weeks of Feb.