We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive

Fair Lawn, New...
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive

What other all inclusive hotels are worth staying at in Barbados. We looked into Sandals and out of price range. Looking to not go too far from airport (not too familiar with island). Liking for 30's age group. Bars. Restaurants. On the beach pool. Looking to spend $2200 for hotel. Thanks for your help

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive

Is there a reason to stay near the airport? Or are you assuming it's like Mexico,DR where resorts are a long distance from the airport?

Barbados isn't known for AI but there are some on the South and West Coast. You can look at Turtle Beach, Sea Breeze, I believe Accra and Bougainvillea Beach Resort. I'm sure there are a few more on the South but I do self catering so just giving you a few suggestions to look at.

I'm sure people that stay on the West can make other suggestions however the West Coast is further from the airport.

Edited: 26 July 2016, 18:08
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
14,458 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive

Hell Jeff Barbados is really not the Island for All inclusive Hotels Yes there are a few , and they are nice (see Mango Bay and , Crystal Cove on the west coast and others will recommend AI 's on the south coast ) but , they are not huge resorts with many restaurants where people need never go off resort , Sandals is really the only one like that .

The reason for this is simple, Barbados is small , only 21 miles by 14 at its widest point and there are many,many fantastic eateries , from local Rum Shops to Fine Dining of all prices, and for all tastes The main Hotels are on the West Coast , mainly centred around Holetown and the South Coast , around St. Lawrence Gap. Both these places have many many Restaurants within walking distance of most hotels and above all, Barbados is safe to walk around day and night, if of course, you behave as you would at home .

Barbados has beautiful hotels some of which are famous throughout the world , set in beautiful grounds and right on the wonderful Beaches The Island is steeped in History and full of Culture and charm , with amazing beaches , contrasting coastlines and much to see and do , but it's most outstanding i feature is the warmth and hospitality of the Bajan people , who go out of their way to make you feel welcome to their beautiful Island regardless of who you are, or where you are from .

So, don't worry about concentrating your search on All Inclusives and have a look at hotels in general and remember that many , many visitors to the Island even self cater because of the nature of this beautiful Island .

Edited: 26 July 2016, 18:35
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
14,458 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive

OMG Just retread my post and see the o was left off my opening Hello Whoops ! So sorry about that Jeff you must have thought I was extremely rude ! I should not post from my phone !!!

Oh and both Holetown and St Lawrence Gap have good bars and nightlife I forgot to mention that .

Edited: 26 July 2016, 18:53
Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,133 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive

HI Jeff

this link is a map showing all the beaches in Barbados - barbados.org/….V5dSi_krLIW

If you put the cursor over the top of any of the beach markers it will show the name of the beach and if you then click on it - it will provide a mini description of that beach etc.

Barbados West Coast beaches

Generally the seas on the West coast are the calmest, but good, safe, quiet swimming is available in the many tranquil bays along the South West and the South that touch the Caribbean Sea. If you like calm waters with a soft sandy bottom, then the West Coast is probably the best of these conditions, but seasonal variations can cause things to change.

Barbados South Coast

Here you will find seas of gentle waves for body surfing and tumbling in the water. There are rollers for surfing with boogie boards and surfboards and some of the best windsurfing in the world. Annual surfing competitions and international surfing meets are held on both the South and East Coasts.

Barbados East And North Coasts

The East and North coasts of Barbados meet the Atlantic Ocean where huge waves crash along the shore and coral reefs. This coast is not recommended for swimming except for a few of the very protected bays. There are strong currents and fierce waves beating on the rugged coral to create a spectacle of power of a wild and rugged sea. If you love the sea at its wildest you must visit the East Coast, but don't swim unless you are with someone who knows the area well.

As others so rightly point out - Barbados is not known for its AI - as it is such a convenient island to get around and dine out in so many different restaurants and bars etc.

NH
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive

@Westiegal: Perhaps on your phone you might begin your greeting with "Hi." ;-) Thanks for the out loud belly laugh!~~~allfins

Edited: 27 July 2016, 00:46
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
14,458 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive

I do usually Allfins Ha Ha , and I most certainly will in future ;-)

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive

I think there are about 25 all inclusive resorts/hotels on the island, if you google AI hotels in Barbados you will get most of them.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive

Made me lol ...

9. Re: All inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2017, 16:17