We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive

Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
all inclusive

Planning out next trip to Aruba in June 2019.Thinking about doing an all inclusive this time.There will be 3 of us.I have a 15 year old.Any suggestions on which ones would fit us the best?Stayed in a condo last time which I enjoyed but my husband thinks all inclusive would be better!Open to all suggestions!

12 replies to this topic
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
18 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusive

Try Divi all-inclusive or the Tamarijn. Avoid the time share/vacation club presentation and you will be fine. The pizza stand is good for snacks during the day if you are on the beach or near the pool. Are you and your husband big drinkers? My wife and I pace ourselves throughout the day, but start just as soon as the bar opens and drink til dinner when traveling sans kids. There are several restaurants available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Red Parrot, papparazzi, ginger, and several others that we enjoy. The food is good, we like the fresh omellettes for breakfast, have pizzas for lunch or snack and make reservations for our evening dinner. Entertainment at both properties on a nightly basis, limbo, karaoke, carnaval dancers and live music or dj. We have been to Aruba 5 times now (so i am far from a travel pro) and have done both all inclusive and condo type stay. I like the AI, as I do most of the cooking in our house and while on vacation I dont have to worry about it. But there is good food available on the island. Enjoy your stay, any other questions feel free to post. Hope this helps.

sc
Level Contributor
163 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusive

We really liked Riu Palace Aruba, just returned. It is high rise hut close to everything you can walk to in Palm Beach. Stayed at Tamarajn 20 years ago, I am sure a lot has changed since then but from what I remember I would choose Riu over Tamarajn (sorry probably spelt that wrong).

Edited: 16 May 2018, 16:58
sc
Level Contributor
163 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusive

But not hut lol

Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: all inclusive

Do you have to make a reservation for dinner and if so can you pick your time?Do you make your reservation in the morning or several days ahead?

New York
Level Contributor
526 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: all inclusive

At the Tamarijn they recommend that you make reservations at the restaurants two days in advance; however we usually made it same day, but then had to take a late seating time.

We thought the food was quite good, and the buffet was excellent.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
18 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: all inclusive

X2 to what Sashay has said regarding reservations. We have never had an issue with making them for the next day at the Tam or divi AI. Enjoy your trip!You will be able to choose your time based on the availability they have. The further out you an make your res the better for choices.

Edited: 17 May 2018, 22:44
Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,893 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: all inclusive

Our kids LOVED the Tamarijn when they were teenagers—so did we, although we have moved on. We made friends there ten years ago and we cherish those friendships to this day.

If your child is remotely social, you will never see him. The food was good when we stayed there; some restaurants were more consistent than others. Be aware, though, that the Tam and Divi are NOT “splashy.” Subsequent visits to the Dominican Republic have made that clear. If you go to the Tam/Divi expecting a stocked refrigerator and/or mini bar and pool and beach service, you will be disappointed.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
76 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: all inclusive

I just returned from Divi All-inclusive. It was fantastic. See my review of the hotel.

London, England...
Level Contributor
543 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: all inclusive

The riu palace antillas is very good AI. I’m so glad we went all inclusive when we saw the prices of eating out and drinking in bars. It’s horrendous.just having two small drinks in a beach bar cost us nearly 9 dollars. We really enjoyed the AI at the riu.

Quincy...
Level Contributor
811 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: all inclusive

The buffet restaurant does not require reservations. We prefer not to be tied to a reservation so we’re much more apt to do the buffet.

Reply to: all inclusive
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations